The Human Centipede 2 Banned in the UK by the BBFC

Discussion in 'General' started by hots4, Jun 7, 2011.

1. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

That was my thought through the entire movie! Watched it last night on demand with a friend - though apparently it was the edited version. Still plenty violent and gross. But the new lead is very Stephen Furst in "The Unseen" in more ways than one.

2. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

Awful movie, probably the worst of the year for me. Boring, over hyped (just like the first) and too over-the-top in every regard except where it actually should have been, the gore and gross-out, like we were promised. Six fails to deliver again.

Avoid, even if curious (like I was), it's a total waste of time.

3. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

it seems there's more missing from the US version than just the barb wire sequence, here is a report from someone who's seen the VOD version and the UK release:

PLEASE NOTE SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back from seeing it on the big screen in London (Apollo Cinema, Piccadilly Circus)...

As hard as it is to believe, some scenes are in fact longer in the UK version than in the VOD version!! I made some notes on my mobile phone, so here goes...

First up, the company logo is no longer IFC, it's Monster films...

Part that seems cut in both US & UK versions: When Martin looks at the warehouse with the lettings guy, it seems the attack on the guy is missing in both versions, as both jump from him being asked to sign the lease to him dead on the floor with stomach wounds...

Another part that seems cut in both versions: When Martin is on the stairs with the hooker, it jumps from him getting maced to the body being in the van...

The scene after Martin kills his mother: Not a huge difference, but the camera lingers for longer on her mangled face (When she's sitting in the chair), showing a slightly closer, gorier angle.

The sandpaper part: This is longer in the UK release, you see him unzipping his trousers (Not in VOD) and the sequence goes on slightly longer until he climaxes...

The part with the Dr, Martin and his mum together: A very small difference here, you see the centipede eating its prey for longer, as it crushes it etc...

The teeth removal part: This is shorter, there are less hits from the hammer (I think you see about 4 hits), then it switches to Martin dragging the bloody teeth etc from the mouth. Seemed a bit pointless to shorten this, as, like I said, it only removes a few hits.

The ligament cutting part: This part is almost exactly the same as the VOD release, but there seemed to be more screaming added.

The buttock cutting: Exactly the same as VOD.

The buttock stapling: This is essentially the same as VOD, however the VOD shows possibly around 2 seconds longer of the stapling itself.

When the completed centipede is revealed: The VOD is missing a shot of Martin with his arms out-stretched, looking very happy with his creation...

The laxative / Wall painting scene: Is identical, this is the only bit where colour (Brown) is shown...

The rape scene: This is where it get's interesting, as in the VOD, this scene is practically non-existant, you just see Martin slumped over the end of the centipede; In the UK version, this part go's on for 20 - 30 seconds, and is pretty nasty! There's no mention at all of barb-wire, but you see Martin Getting himself ready (Playing with his y-fronts), followed by him humping the centipede, with a LOT of screaming, shots of reaction from other members of the centipede, and like I said, lasts about 30 seconds and is pretty disturbing to watch. Absolutely NONE of that was in the VOD version.

The baby scene: The scene is essentially the same, but when the bay comes out it's on the screen for a tiny (Very tiny) bit longer, but cuts straight from that to the car driving off. (Interestingly, some shots of Martin banging on the car and shouting have been removed.)

When the centipede is being killed: During the shooting, one of the women pees herself, I didn't notice that in the VOD version - The shootings and throat slashings are the same.

And that's about it!! Sorry if I've missed any parts!! To be honest, for a UK cut of the film it really wasn't too bad, I went there expecting to see next to nothing!!

4. The Tall Man

The Tall Man Member

I just watched it and have to say I enjoyed the hell out of it. Much more fun than the first one. Laughed pretty hard in some parts. And with regard to the post above me, I don't think the version he saw is cut. I think the film is meant to be like that in those parts and not show those actual kill scenes.

5. DVDBone

DVDBone Member

According to MPI, the DVD and BD will feature the full uncut version. The screener that I received from them featured the barbed wire scene so I have no reason to believe that they will go with the cut VOD version.

6. The Tall Man

The Tall Man Member

Just got the uncut version, the sandpaper scene is there and shows everything. Ouch !

7. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

so the region 1 dvd/blu-ray will be uncut then?

8. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

i watched this a few nights back, and wasn't terribly impressed by it. but now im concerned that i may have watched a cut version. based on the lengths indicated by wikipedia, i thought i had the long, uncut version, but i have no memory of any barbwire rape or of any graphic shots of him jerking off with sand paper. he definitely pulled the sandpaper out, and you see his face while he's obviously doing it, but am i to understand from other people's comments that this scene was originally more graphic? is there a fully uncut version, as opposed to this version that i thought was uncut?

9. foller

foller Active Member

10. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

11. fceurich39

12. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I saw a censored version too. Anyone know if the US version will be fully uncut?

13. DVDBone

DVDBone Member

According to MPI, it will be fuly ncut. The screener that I received from them was fully uncut (as far as I can tell) so that's a good sign.

14. fceurich39

Special features on the DVD/BLU-RAY include:
    Interview with Filmmaker Tom Six
    Commentary with Tom Six and Laurence R. Harvey
    Set Tour of Warehouse
    Foley Sound Effects
    Making the Poster
    Deleted Scenes

15. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I have to say the screengrabs on movie-censorship don't have me hyped at all. I like the first film but this just looks like an ugly mess. I'll have to download it first and see if I like it enough to buy.

16. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Good to hear then. Now lets hope it's region free.

17. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Human Centipede II was one long, dull, boring, mess. Even at only 87 minutes it feels like it runs at least 45 minutes too long.

While the first film was way over hyped and not very good, it was still a bit of fun on a campy level. Knowing that Tom Six wanted to please the complainers who thought the first film wasn't "sick enough", that is all he attempts at here and it fails HORRIBLY. Every single character is one dimensional (or nothing more than to be a victim), there is no back story as to Martin being raped by his dad, and the whole movie is Martin hitting people over the head with a crowbar until the last third of the movie which is nothing but screaming, torture, and shit. It goes past the point of being shocking and just ends up being repetitive. It's terrible filmmaking on all accounts.

Don't waste your time, even if curiosity nags at you.

18. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

I've just finishing watching the Director's Cut and I actually enjoyed this a lot! Perhaps it appeals to my sense of humour but there's a thick vein of black comedy running through this one. Yes, it's very over the top and there's a massive requirement for the suspension of disbelief but I was bowled over by this sequel. In my opinion, it stands head and shoulders above the original.

19. fceurich39

the ex lax scene was awesome i loved the expression on martin's face.

20. Copyboy

Copyboy Well-Known Member

Even though I found the first movie to be ridiculously bad I felt I had to see the second. What a fucking pile of filth. It goes so far beyond the first that any sense of revulsion by what you're watching eventually turns to embarrassment. I was actually ashamed of myself for sitting through this mess while I was still watching it and yet I couldn't bring myself to turn it off. Kind of makes me feel like I might need therapy. I'm pretty sure Tom Six is just a 13 year old boy trapped in a man's body and I can't help but wonder what John Waters thinks of these movies!