The Empty Man - October 23rd

Discussion in 'General' started by CPT HOOK, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

OK, I loved it. Well, I thought it was great. I've still never seen a trailer, nor have I read a review. My guy picked it off HBO, and he has the WORST track record going, but I'll definitely buy a physical release.

It most definitely did NOT remind me of MY SOUL TO TAKE nor THE BYE-BYE MAN. Several other movies, Yes, but not those turds.

2. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

Anyone else watch this? I might check it out soon or for October.

3. Anaestheus

Anaestheus Well-Known Member

I recall liking it quite a bit. From what I remember, it's a bit scattered. But the ideas were really interesting and it's very well shot. I also recall thinking it was going to go for a lot of really "big" ideas but it mainly stays middleground, likely as a result of the small budget. And the score/sound design is by Lustmord, which gives it a ton of atmosphere. It has a decent Twin Peaks kinda vibe. So, I'd recommend it to folks looking for something like that.

4. ImmortalSlasher

I keep seeing people mention Twin Peaks. I think I watched some of the first episode. I need to get into that series.

5. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

If you're a fan of Lynch's theatrical output, prepare to be underwhelmed--network television watered him down a lot. I'm a fan of the show now, but it took me awhile to warm up to it.

6. ImmortalSlasher

I can't say I'm a real fan of David Lynch but I've seen a bunch of his films. Most have a similar theme of crazy people and things happening in strange corners of the city. I want to rewatch a few.

7. ImmortalSlasher

I put a big review of The Empty Man in the October topic. If anyone wants to still discuss the movie over here.

http://horrordvds.com/community/thr...watching-thread-2021.49123/page-3#post-879576

Also, I'll add these extras from the review over here. A short from the director that has the origin of a shot in The Empty Man. It's also a bit similar theme.

And some interviews that give a lot of insight into the movie and process of making the movie.

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/the-empty-man-david-prior-interview

https://www.secrethandshakecinema.c...es-8-writerdirector-david-prior-the-empty-man

But I think it's definitely worth checking out. It's a movie with a little touching up could be a lot better. And could really give you a creepy feeling at the end.