The Annual October Horror Movie Watching Thread -- 2021!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by maskull, Sep 25, 2021.

1. f0t0z00m

f0t0z00m Active Member

12. Hubie Halloween (2020)
    Typical Adam Sandler movie, this time centered around Halloween in Salem, Massachusetts. Definitely had some funny moments and lots of cameos from SNL cast members as well as a few celebs. Wife and I both enjoyed it.

13. Repossessed (1990)
    Typical Leslie Nielsen spoof of The Exorcist, full of bad jokes and 80’s references. It had some moments but, I thought it would be better. My wife liked it, I thought it was ok. Linda Blair was great and I enjoyed the musical bit at the end.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    hots4, Rocker10, Kim Bruun and 8 others like this.
  2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Amazon Prime

[​IMG]

(2020) Amazon Prime exclusive series. (*** First time Viewing)

Only ONE season. Amazon freakin cancelled it already. No Season Two. What a shame, I'm so pissed off.

I really like the show. 8 episodes in all. I just watched/binged the first four episodes, I have four left to go. It's NOT slapstick humor, just subtle. Works very well, especially if you like Nick Frost. Show is actually scary/creepy too. Very well done, well shot, visuals, etc...

For anyone that's never heard of it: Give it a try, fits well and is fun for the Halloween season imho.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  3. Colin

Colin Well-Known Member

Oct. 24th
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Some of my favorite horror comedies of the modern era. Although none of these take place around the holiday, all have the perfect Halloween vibe to them.

60) Cabin in the Woods

61) Severance

62) Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon

63) What We Do in the Shadows

indrid13, f0t0z00m, hots4 and 10 others like this.
  4. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Severance is so underrated. I think I'm gonna bust out that dvd at some point this week

indrid13, Angelman and Colin like this.
  5. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

October 21st

AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON (1981)

[​IMG]

NYU college students David Kessler (David Naughton) and Jack Goodman (Griffin Dunne) take a backpacking vacation overseas starting in England. Rough weather makes the trek through Yorkshire unpleasant. Thoughts of possibly making it to Rome eventually sound good, taking refuge at a village pub called The Slaughtered Lamb is even better. A bad experience there sends them back out into the night with warnings from the locals to avoid the Moors. Both of them are attacked by a vicious beast. Jack is instantly killed. David stays in a hospital for a few weeks. While on the mend, David suffers from some horrific nightmares. Included are warnings from Jack about what really happened to them and what will come next. Has David lost his mind after the trauma or what? Regardless, it's become obvious that Nurse Alex (Jenny Agutter) is very attracted to him. Getting laid overseas was their number one priority after all, right?

I was much too young to see this in the theater back in '81. That didn't stop my eccentric Uncle from taking my big brother (he wasn't even close to 17 either) and I to see it on a Saturday afternoon in August many years ago. Embarrassed to say that the werewolf attacks were too much for me at the time. Had no problem with the female nudity which seemed like a lot more to a kid than what's really in the film. What blew my mind as a kid the most was the nightmare scene involving The Muppet Show and the heavily armed Nazi demons. Still appreciate the references to the original Lon Chaney Jr. classic The Wolf Man (1941). Between the friendly warnings of how to stop the cycle, the pentagram, and the belief that maybe the power of love can keep the monster a bay - there's a lot of genre tradition behind the script of John Landis. The Oscar winning makeup effects of Rick Baker are still impressive, particularly the on camera creature transformations. Might be blasphemous to say, but these days I am not crazy about the finished werewolf itself. Most of the time, we only see glimpses. Full reveals don't arrive until closer to the end.

My love for An American Werewolf in London has much to do with childhood nostalgia. It continues to hold up though with just the right blend of horror and comedy. The restoration on the Arrow Video limited edition from 2 years ago is a great one to own.

6. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I've experimented this Halloween season with almost exclusively watching movies I bought but have not watched. Lesson: I buy too many Blu-Rays (sound familiar?). I've had this double feature Blu for 5 years!

* = First Time Viewing.

The House Where Evil Dwells (1982)*
    Fun premise, lacking execution. Couple and their daughter move into a "haunted" Japanese house where many moons ago a Japanese man killed his cheating wife and her lover. Kind of Japanese set Amityville Horror. The odd choice to constantly drop in the ghosts, all three at once like the three stooges, as optical effects in full samurai-looking threads throughout the film robs it of all suspense. In a ghost story its what you don't see, often, that is the scariest.

Ghost Warrior (1984)*
    Not a horror film. Scientists find a Samurai from 1552 buried in the ice and Captain America-style, resurrect him. He then goes on a combo of "fish out of water" hijinks (think "Splash") and murder spree in mid-80s Los Angeles. Stars Janet Julian. at 80 minutes its little more than a Band-produced 80's oddity.

indrid13, Mok, baggio and 7 others like this.
  7. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Movie 29:
    Foes (1977)
    First Time Viewing (Alamo on Demand VOD)
    *** (out of 5)
    Scarecrow Video Psychotronic Challenge Guideline:
    23. DEPT. OF INDUSTRY & LABOR: A story based on doing a job. Speaking of jobs, yours ain’t finished yet, 8 days to go!

Watched the theatrical version via Alamo on Demand, which apparently adds most of the military scenes to the film. I guess the director originally intended to stay focused on the few characters on the island and their encounters with the spacecraft. That could've made for an interesting piece, but as a UFO buff I'm glad we got a break from the minimalistic mystery and were dropped into the world of coverups and how this incident might affect things on a larger scale.

[​IMG]
    Movie 30:
    Body Double (1984)
    Rewatch (Indicator UK Blu-ray)
    *** (out of 5)
    24. 2 CLOSE 4 COMFORT: A main character suffers from claustrophobia.

Only in a De Palma film will you find yourself convinced you are watching a fantasy sequence and then realize the incredibly over-the-top thing you're seeing is actually happening.

8. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

OCTOBER 22ND:

JUST BEYOND.png

59. Just Beyond Episodes 1 - 4 "Leave Them Kids Alone" "Parents Are From Mars, Kids Are From Venus" "Which Witch" "My Monster" (Disney+) - New R.L. Stine horror anthology series. Unfortunately, modern kids fare isn't allowed to have any edge to it or even attempt to scare kids. First episode is a blah Stepford rip-off with a girl being sent to a boarding school where the kids are brainwashed into perfection. Goosebumps already did it. Second episode has two kids finding out their parents are in some kind of cult after spotting them chanting in robes. Henry Thomas guest stars. This could have been good, but they reveal right away what is up with the parents and from there it gets aggressively silly. Episode three is basically an episode of the Sabrina The Teenage Witch sitcom. Episode four is the only one that attempts to be scary, but doesn't really go anywhere. Might be good for kids, but definitely not up to snuff with the '90s kids horror anthology shows.

60. Day Of The Dead Episode 2 "Chum" (SyFy / DVR) - My reaction to this episode was pretty much the same as the first. Meh. Nothing new to see here, and not fun enough to stand out. Fans of shows like Z Nation will probably dig it, and it's certainly better than some of those bad Romero "in-name-only" rip-offs like Day Of The Dead: Contagion or Night Of The Living Dead 3D or whatever, but I can't say I've seen anything here worth recommending. Shame, as I really enjoyed the director's Leprechaun movie.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

61. Night Of The Living Dead (1968) (Blu-ray) - Decided to wipe away the Romero knock-off series with an actual Romero movie. The classics are the most difficult to discuss here, because what do you say? Has anyone here not seen this? I will say this was my first watch of the Criterion blu-ray from a few years back, so it was nice to finally get the shrinkwrap off three years later. Looks gorgeous.

OCTOBER 23RD:

PARTY.png

62. Party Crasher: My Bloody Birthday (2000) (YouTube) - This regional-slasher was made circa 1993 - 1995, but didn't get released until Hollywood Video distributed it as a rental exclusive VHS in 2000. I never got around to renting it back then, but was finally able to check it out via a kind YouTuber. The YouTube upload even had all the Hollywood Video promos, trailers, Director's intro, etc. Fun nostalgia. The movie itself is pretty bad, but not without some hilarious camp value throughout. The slasher stuff is relegated to a massacre in the first 30 minutes and then the last 15 minutes, but the stuff in between is just bizarre. Odd McDonalds product placement, psychic abilities, inviting a mass-murderer who slaughtered most of the graduating class to the high school reunion, etc. Bad, but not boring. Still, more of a curiosity than any sort of recommendation.

SIMPSONS.png

63. The Simpsons "Treehouse Of Horror XXXII" (Hulu) - I used to love the annual Simpsons Halloween specials, but they became increasingly less interesting over the years. Instead of horror segments, they just lampoon whatever is popular in pop culture, Hunger Games or Harry Potter or whatever. How boring. And that's exactly how this one starts, with a segment of the Simpsons family lamely re-enacting Bong Joon Ho's Parasite. They don't even make jokes really, they just re-enact it. Fortunately, once that dud is out of the way, the rest of the episode actually does deliver some fun and festive horror segments, which was a nice surprise for a change. One being about killer trees and the other being a parody of The Ring. Skip to the first commercial break and the rest is good old fashioned Treehouse Of Horror fare.

HALLOWEEN 4.png

64. Halloween 4: The Return Of Michael Myers (1988) (Blu-ray) - Even though I haven't quite gone 4K yet, this was the blu-ray from the 4K release which I picked up for the new transfer. The previous blu-ray had a terrible transfer, so as far as I'm concerned this is the hi-def debut. I get that Laurie is such a huge part of the series and why everyone wants Jamie Lee Curtis back, but after Blumhouse's messy recent entries, I am so ready for them to give the franchise back to the teenagers of Haddonfield. Case in point: Halloween 4. This movie is a lot of fun, and it works with the same simplicity of the original movie. Is it as effective? No, but it's certainly more effective than most of the sequels that stray too far from the path. There's no high concept: it's teenagers, Haddonfield, Halloween night, and Michael Myers on the loose. Slasher sequels should not be so difficult. 4 & 5 always seem to be the Halloween sequels I most look forward to revisiting and this year was no exception. Had a great time, as always.

OCTOBER 24TH:

[​IMG]

65. The Mothman Prophecies (2002) (MoviePlex / DVR) - I had seen this when it came out and didn't think much of it, so it was due for a revisit. It works much better when you know where the movie is going, and I can see how the first viewing would have been challenging because it is hard to figure out what the random sequence of events that fill up the first 90 minutes of the movie all mean. It's basically an inverse Final Destination movie, ending with the big disaster after having worked through the individual visions and premonitions of each person who will be part of said disaster. I must say, that finale is incredibly intense and probably more effective than any of the Final Destination disaster sequences (although the highway pile-up in 2 is certainly close). It won me over this time, but I don't think I'd call it a favorite.

[​IMG]

66. Halloween 5: The Revenge Of Michael Myers (1989) (Blu-ray) - I know people hate this movie for whatever reason, but I adore it. I think it's so much fun. I understand that it's messy and all the things it's trying don't necessarily work (*cough* man in black), but when it does work, it really works. In fact, I think the Tower Farm sequence might be the most effective slasher set-piece in any of the Halloween movies. I don't think I like Rachel's premature demise, but her alone in the house with Michael lurking in the background is extremely effective. Revisionist Myers house, which is now a massive Gothic mansion, happens to work for me and the finale is good spooky fun. I head over heels adore Tina, she may be my favorite slasher movie character of all time and Wendy Kaplan is just a joy in the role. People who hate Tina hate joy. Even though it's a bit out there at times and maybe strays from the formula, it gives us enough of the Haddonfield teens for it to work. This movie never fails to put a big smile on my face, and picking up the 4Ks of 4 & 5 were the perfect way to satisfy my need to upgrade without breaking the bank and buying all five yet again. The never-before-seen Doctor Death intro was a... curiosity, but the advertised missing gore doesn't amount to much besides blink-and-you'll-miss-it flashes. Tina forever!

OCTOBER 25TH:

PREY.png

67. Prey (2021) (NetFlix) - Pros: the locations are quite striking. Cons: everything else. This movie has been done so many times already (Downrange, King Of The Hill, The Anniversary At Shallow Creek, even by NetFlix already earlier this year with Red Dot), so there's really no excuses to remake it so devoid of any kind of tension or suspense. Character drama is cliched with nonsense like so-and-so's fiance is sleeping with his brother, yada yada etc. The killer's reveal and their motive is a total bore. Spoiler alert, we learn it has nothing to do whatsoever with anything that the movie had put so much energy into setting up. A total bore. Avoid it. Go with SHUDDER's intense and morbidly fun Downrange instead.

Previous Entries:
    1. Girls School Screamers (1985)
    2. No One Gets Out Alive (2021)
    3. Welcome To The Blumhouse: Black As Night (2021)
    4. Coming Home In The Dark (2021)
    5. Tales From The Darkside: The Movie (1990)
    6. Welcome To The Blumhouse: Bingo Hell (2021)
    7. Blades (1989)
    8. Lost After Dark (2015)
    9. The Ghosting (1992)
    10. Midnight (1982)
    11. A Day Of Judgment (1981)
    12. Death On Demand (2008)
    13. Creepshow: Season 2 Episodes 4 & 5 "Pipe Screams / Within The Walls Of Madness" & "Night Of The Living Late Show"
    14. Escape Room: Tournament Of Champions (2021)
    15. Auntie Lee's Meat Pies (1992)
    16. Eli Roth's History Of Horror Season 3 Episode 1 "Sequels That Don't Suck"
    17. There's Someone Inside Your House (2021)
    18. V/H/S/94 (2021)
    19. American Horror Story: Double Feature Part 2: Death Valley Episode 8 "Inside"
    20. House Of Death (aka Death Screams) (1982)
    21. Welcome To The Blumhouse: The Manor (2021)
    22. House Of Wax (2005)
    23. Welcome To The Blumhouse: Madres (2021)
    24. Slugs (1988)
    25. Eli Roth's History Of Horror Season 3 Episode 2 "Infections"
    26. Midnight Mass Episodes 1 - 4 "Book I: Genesis" "Book II: Psalms" "Book III: Proverbs" "Book IV: Lamentations"
    27. Killer Camp Season 2 Episode 1 "A Smashing Sequel"
    28. Hallow's End (2003)
    29. The Walking Dead Season 11 Episodes 7 & 8 "Promises Broken" & "For Blood"
    30. Devil's Night (aka Left For Dead) (2007)
    31. Have A Nice Weekend (1975)
    32. Sorority Kill (1974)
    33. Chucky Episode 1 "Death By Misadventure"
    34. Day Of The Dead Episode 1 "The Thing In The Hole"
    35. The Caretaker (2008)
    36. The Disappointments Room (2016)
    37. Midnight Mass Episodes 5 - 7 "Book V: Gospels" "Book VI: Act Of The Apostles" "Book VII: Revelation"
    38. Evil Breed: The Legend Of Samhain (2003)
    39. American Horror Story: Double Feature Part 2: Death Valley Episode 9 "Blue Moon"
    40. I Know What You Did Last Summer Episodes 1 & 2 "It's Thursday" & "It's Not Just For Dog Shit"
    41. Halloween Kills (2021)
    42. You Season 3 Episodes 1 - 5 "And They Lived Happily Ever After" "So I Married An Axe Murderer" "Missing White Woman Syndrome" "Hands Across Madre Linda" "Into The Woods"
    43. Alone In The Dark (1982)
    44. I Know What You Did Last Summer Episodes 3 & 4 "A Gorilla Head Will Not Do" & "Hot Shrimp Salad"
    45. Slumber Party Massacre (2021)
    46. Killer Camp Season 2 Episode 2 "Don't Lose Your Head"
    47. Deadly Friend (1986)
    48. You Season 3 Episodes 6 - 10 "W.O.M.B." "We're All Mad Here" "Swing And A Miss" "Red Flag" "What Is Love?"
    49. Superstition (1982)
    50. Old (2021)
    51. Chucky Episode 2 "Give Me Something Good To Eat"
    52. Happy Hell Night (1992)
    53. The Night House (2020)
    54. Night Teeth (2021)
    55. Eli Roth's History Of Horror Season 3 Episode 3 "Psychics"
    56. Tower Of Terror (1997)
    57. American Horror Story: Double Feature Part 2: Death Valley Episode 10 "The Future Perfect"
    58. I Know What You Did Last Summer Episode 5 "Mukbang"

9. Rocker10

Rocker10 Well-Known Member

Day 25

111. Hellraiser: Hellseeker (2002) Blu - A shady businessman survives a car crash that kills his wife (Ashley Laurence aka Kristy) and ends up with a puzzle box that summons the demons. There is a real pattern to these later Hellraiser movies. They tend to want to do very un-Hellraiser things with the story and add in the elements of hellraiser to categorize it as a hellraiser movie. The story itself isn't bad and Kirsty is part of the story, but not in a huge way most of the movie. By itself, the movie would probably have been liked a little better.

112. The Hills Have Eyes (2006) Blu - A family traveling to San Diego take a shortcut that leads them into an area inhabited by cannibal mutants. This is one of those remakes that I said I was going to point out that I really like. The biggest factor for me is my fascination with the whole atomic testing that went on decades ago and the harm being done to those who were unsuspecting. It's sad looking back at how many people who were adversely affected by this. That testing plays into this movie. Really dig this remake.

113. The Hills Have Eyes 2 (2007) Blu - A bunch of military trainees end up tangling with the cannibal mutant people on their last day of training. This one was okay I guess. Not really a remake of the original Hills 2, but more of a new story that follows after the first remake. A bit of an average film.

114. Hellraiser: Deader (2005) AMC+ via Prime - A reporter is sent to Romania to uncover the truth about a group in the underground who can bring back the dead. Same feelings as Hellseeker. This movie would have been fine without the hellraiser elements. It feels like they added in Pinhead and the cenobites to categorize it as a Hellraiser movie. The story was interesting enough, but the Hellraiser tie in just didn't work for me.

115. The Vagrant (1992) Blu - A businessman moves in to a home where the previous tenant won't leave him alone. A dark comedy of sorts. Bill Paxton does a good job with the role and the movie has some crazy things going on. I became a fan of this movie after my initial viewing and have gone back to it plenty of times. Maybe not for everyone's tastes, but I like it a lot.

~Rocker10

10. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I'm a big fan of this movie and I've got to say I've never seen that poster art before, where was it used? Big fan of it, it looks great.

indrid13, Angelman and f0t0z00m like this.
  11. f0t0z00m

f0t0z00m Active Member

14. Muppets Haunted Mansion (2021)
    The Muppets and Disney’s Haunted Mansion sucked me right in. As soon as I heard about this had to watch this with my wife. We both had a lot fun with this one.

indrid13, Rocker10, Angelman and 5 others like this.
  12. Colin

Colin Well-Known Member

Oct. 25th
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I didn't manage to fit in Romero's Dead trilogy last year and had to right that wrong. Easily one of the best horror trilogies of all time, if not the best.

64) Night of the Living Dead (1968)

65) Dawn of the Dead (1978)

66) Day of the Dead (1985)

13. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

18. The Mansion of Madness (Juan Lopez Moctezuma, 1973)

[​IMG]

I was hoping for something along the lines of Alucard, which I remember really enjoying. Unfortunately, this turned out to be much more of an abstract art film. There is almost no story, and while the themes and locations and characters are certainly archetypes of the horror genre, there is nothing about it that actually makes it a horror film. I'm including it here because I watched it in good faith expecting it to be a horror film, so I'm accepting it's classification as such for the purposes of the Halloween season. My horror marathon this month is shaping up to be more of a stroll, so I need all the help I can get padding my numbers. But I was bored through the entire thing, and didn't enjoy this at all.

19. Scream 2 (Wes Craven 1997)

[​IMG]

While the first film held up surprisingly well, the seams are definitely showing on this one. The witty dialogue, the winking in-jokes, the meta commentary, it all feels a little more forced than it did in the first one. None of the characters that are introduced in this one are as interesting as those from the first (both those who survived, and those who didn't) and they just feel like fodder. There are some good set pieces, like the Jaimie Kennedy/van sequence and the police car bit. Unfortunately though, the police car scene illustrates how this film abandons the awareness of horror movie tropes that the characters had in the first film. Sydney goes from criticizing the stupid decisions people make in horror films to making way too many of them herself in this one. Case in point, she has ample opportunity to either unmask or incapacitate the stunned killer while in the car, but instead spends 5 minutes hemming and hawing about it, until the killer wakes up and offs her friend. The reveal of who is responsible also kind of sucks, both in terms of performance, and motivation. It's still an ok film, but the first is a classic, and this most certainly is not. My daughter still enjoyed it, though. Lets see how Scream 3 stacks up...

14. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Movie 31:
    Chasing Sleep (2001)
    Rewatch (Amazon Prime)
    **** (out of 5)
    25. SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE*: Sleep deprived and still alive…for now. (*Does not have to be set in Seattle)

Turns out this actually takes place in Seattle, I had forgotten that after my first viewing 2 decades ago when it was recommended in the pages of Fangoria. Back then I didn't have much experience with psychological breakdowns or surrealism, but 20 years of movie watching and becoming a middle-aged shell of a man helped me get a lot more out of it.

15. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Even though it is set in Seattle, it was filmed in Jeff Daniels' home state of Michigan. I was living about an hour away back when they were filming it.

Haven't seen (or thought about) it since it came out. Would be curious to see again.

indrid13, f0t0z00m and fattyjoe37 like this.
  16. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Child's Play 2019

chucky-doll.png

Had not seen this since the theater. Enjoyed it then and still enjoyed it second go around. Chucky definitely looks different and having Hans Solo for a voice is strange but it all worked. Glad I added the blu ray to the collection.

Halloween H20

Halloween-H20-20-Years-later-1-700x297.jpg

I watch every year. It's a scream movie mixed with a Dawson's Creek episode.....with Michael Myers in it. Just very entertaining to me.

Man, does Josh Hartnett need a fucking haircut. The fuck is up with that? I'm a barber now and this bothers me more so then before LOL back of his head looks like it was cut with hedge clippers

17. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

The artist is a guy named Frederick Cooper. My guess is that he made it in more recent years...maybe to observe an anniversary of An American Werewolf in London?

indrid13, hots4 and Angelman like this.
  18. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

October 24th

BLOOD BEACH (1981)

[​IMG]

Early one morning, an older lady walks her dog in Venice Beach, California. Something pulls her under the sand. Harbor patrol officer Harry Caulder (David Huffman) hears her screams, but can't intervene as he was swimming. Two policemen soon become involved, Sgt. Royko (Burt Young) and Lt. Piantadosi (Otis Young). With her Mom believed missing, daughter Catherine (Marianna Hill) comes down from San Francisco. More people hanging out at the beach become victims. Some are swallowed up by the ground, others are mutilated. What was initially speculated to be a potential serial killer is now classified as a creature with the ability to move all over the sand. Captain Pearson (John Saxon) would rather write it off as hokum, but he continues to get pressure from the mayor and elsewhere to stop this before it gets worse. Royko has other ideas...like blowing the monster up with explosives. People keep coming to the beach despite the local news coverage warning about the dangers to the public.

Personally I couldn't give two fucks about the subplot regarding the previous relationship between Harry and Catherine or their broken engagement. It slows the story down at times. Even worse are the two amateur singers who should probably be arrested and jailed for their awful vocal "skills." Blood Beach is far more entertaining when the creature attacks. Could have been a little more frequent. A soused Burt Young (Paulie from the Rocky films) is dialed up with early 80's political incorrectness. Often quick to say something offensive and maybe even quicker to pull his gun, he still obsesses about his former job in Chicago. Otis Young (The Last Detail) keeps him in check as best he can. Both are great as two very different personalities. It's too bad a fine actor like John Saxon wasn't given more to do in the script.

Blood Beach is by no means a genre classic. Those of us who frequented VHS video rental stores back in the day, can no doubt remember just about any mom & pop joint (and chain for that matter) had this on videotape in their horror section. It's been suggested that there are rights issues holding this title up from getting a Blu-ray release. Rather than wait, I revisited this 80's trash on YouTube.

19. Rocker10

Rocker10 Well-Known Member

Day 26

116. Hellraiser: Hellworld (2005) Blu - A bunch of gamers who play a MMORPG based on the Hellraiser universe are invited to a rave where they are taught what the Hellraiser universe is really like. Another oddball of a film. Not really original, but not the worst in the series, that one comes in next.

117. Hellraiser: Revelations (2011) Tubi - Two teens head to Mexico for some action and end up releasing the cenobites. This movie was friggin awful. No Doug Bradley was the first problem. Absolutely did not like the replacement at all. Doug just has that part down to a science. The movie overall was full of bad acting and just wasn't worth watching. That's definitely a one and done for me.

118. Zombie Holocaust (1980) Blu - After heading to the East Indies looking for cannibals, an expedition runs into an evil scientist and his zombie army. Also known as Doctor Butcher, this is low grade but enjoyable stuff in its own way. I didn't even have to use the barf bag supplied with the set.

119. Don't Listen (2020) Netflix - A small family moves to a new home that the neighbors call the house of the voices. The small child is the first to hear the voices. A pretty decent movie made in Spain. It is also known as Voices. The ending wasn't all that great, but the movie overall was decent I thought.

120. Q The Winged Serpent (1982) Blu - The NYPD investigate a bizarre case of ritual Aztec murder and at the same time a flying creature is picking off citizens and a small time crook knows where the lair is. I have owned this forever. Probably since shout factory first released it. Had never seen the movie until now but did enjoy it. It was listed as sci-fi horror or whatever so I counted it. Not really what I would call a horror outside of the beast eating people. Part crime drama, part creature feature.

~Rocker10

20. f0t0z00m

f0t0z00m Active Member

15. What We Do in the Shadows (2014)

Saw this mentioned in Colin’s post earlier and thought I’d give it a try. Not what I was expecting. I am typically not a fan of reality/documentary/mockumentary style films or shows, but this was so well done and the characters and comedy were so much fun. Jemaine Clement was great as Vlad, he also played a great character on the TV show “Legion” (2017) which I really liked. Wife and I enjoyed this one. Definitely something different. My wife wants to see the TV show now. We just finished watching all "The Munsters" episodes so next October What We Do in the Shadows will probably be our TV show.