Severin - Upcoming Blu-Ray releases

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Mar 31, 2015.

1. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

If anyone is into slipcovers Severin has these for sale now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We created new slip cases for MIDNIGHT and Jess Franco's BLOODY MOON for Texas Frightmare Weekend this year, and the leftovers are now for sale on our site. Go get 'em!

Midnight: https://severin-films.com/shop/midnight-blu/

Blood Moon: https://severin-films.com/shop/bloody-moon-blu/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Fetus Jar Returns! You sickos asked for it, so here it is! The exclusive figure from Little Shop of Gore is finally available by itself. $25 a pop, so order away: https://severin-films.com/shop/perdita-fetus/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lastly, we're clearing out THE SINFUL DWARF on DVD at $3 a pop. Pick up an affordable gift for the pervert in your life. https://severin-films.com/shop/sinful-dwarf-dvd/
    [​IMG]

SEVERIN OCTOBER 2021 PROMO
    [​IMG]

SEVERIN SEPTEMBER 2021 PROMO
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WEBSITENEWSFILMSSTOREABOUTNEWSLETTERCONTACT

SEVERIN FILMS
    severin-films.com

STAY CONNECTED
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Active Member

When you placed your order, did it show "Available in store only" ? I called and tried to buy one over the phone and they wouldn't let me.

3. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I noticed that yesterday too.

No, when I ordered it let me ship it by ordering online, and I think from the Bangor store. It was totally random timing I guess. Now if you know someone in the area or want to do a day trip there are apparently three or four copies for the taking :rolleyes:

Horrorphilly likes this.
  4. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

5. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Active Member

I just ordered one from BM through the site. I checked a bit ago and there it was able to buy through the site.

Sean

Myron Breck and Mutilated Prey like this.
  6. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Yup - Currently in stock to ship for $19.97. Get it while you can! I grabbed Deep Blood while I was at it to get free shipping and come full circle on this silliness.

7. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

I grabbed one also. I was seriously bummed that it got pulled, so this is such a great...opportunity?

8. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Seen Midnight at my record store today have it reserved along with Death Screams with mouth slipcover from arrow video. Getting em both this weekend I did however get 2 blumhouse bluray DVD combo packs Incarnate and The Forever Purge which was released today. Anyway It looks like Severin did an amazing job on the transfer of Midnight compared to the awful full screen DVD from Lions gate.

9. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Watched Born For Hell last night, a first-time viewing. Wow. What an intense and disturbing little movie. I found it to be much more effective than the similar and better-known Angst. Normally I find it a bit off-putting when fictional movies skirt so closely to true crime, but for whatever reason this one really worked for me. I watched it alone in the middle of the night and it really got under my skin. Well done.

Decent extras from Severin as well. The lead is interviewed, plus there's a well-done video essay chronicling the filming locations and a true-crime podcaster gives us a detailed account of the actual murders. These three are excellent, but less excellent are the two extras given to some Speck-obsessed wacko who collects Speck's murder memorabilia and waxes poetically over it. Ick. Also, I'm not really sure what John McNaughton or Gary Sherman had to bring to the table here other than being Chicago based, but their inclusion is harmless enough.

Solid disc of a powerful movie. Highly recommended.

[​IMG]

fceurich39 likes this.
  10. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Another boxset coming from Severin this November (11/30/21)!

NASTY HABITS: THE NUNSPLOITATION COLLECTION

[​IMG]

Throughout the ‘70s, Italian filmmakers fired a canon of blasphemy to launch what remains the most controversial genre of all. Partake of its unholy sacrament with these four uncut/uncensored Nunsploitation classics: In Sergio Bergonzelli’s CRISTIANA DEVIL NUN – here in two extreme versions – a born-again nymphomaniac finds pleasures of the flesh in a convent of the damned. Suzy Kendall and Eleonora Giorgi star in Domenico Paolella’s historically accurate and wholly amoral STORY OF A CLOISTERED NUN. Sleaze maestro Joe D’Amato combines Sapphic lust, Satanic panic and pure filth for IMAGES IN A CONVENT. And with THE TRUE STORY OF THE NUN OF MONZA, director Bruno Mattei fulfills ungodly vows of graphic sacrilege. Severin Films proudly presents this superfluity of depravity, each mastered with all-new Special Features produced exclusively for this collection.

Special Features:

CRISTIANA DEVIL NUN
    • Extended Italian Cut Of The Film With Optional Partial English Audio
    • Sisters Of Vice And Virtue: The Marquis de Sade And Nunsploitation – Video Essay By Lindsay Hallam
    Disc Specs:
    • Aspect ratio: 2.35:1
    • Audio: English mono
    • Closed Captions
    • Region Free
    STORY OF A CLOISTERED NUN
    • Down The Well: Interview With Actress Martine Brochard
    • A Nun’s Story: Interview With Actress Eleonora Giorgi
    • Within A Cloister: Interview With Camera Operator Daniele Nannuzzi
    • Trailer
    Disc Specs:
    • Aspect ratio: 1.85:1
    • Audio: English mono / Italian mono
    • English Subtitles / Closed Captions
    • Region A
    IMAGES IN A CONVENT
    • Audio Commentary With Kat Ellinger, Author Of Daughters Of Darkness
    • 25 Minutes Of Deleted Scenes With Optional Commentary By Kat Ellinger
    Disc Specs:
    • Audio: Italian mono
    • English Subtitles
    • Region A
    THE TRUE STORY OF THE NUN OF MONZA
    • The Cross And The Sin: Interview With Screenwriter Claudio Fragasso
    • Sister Zora: Interview With Actress Zora Kerova
    Disc Specs:
    • Audio: Italian mono
    • English Subtitles
    • Region A
    Boxset only: https://severin-films.com/shop/nasty-habits/

The Nundle (Boxset + 2 Foto-comics): https://severin-films.com/shop/the-nundle/

Severin are also releasing Mike Leigh's All or Nothing, due on 10/26/21: https://severin-films.com/shop/all-or-nothing-blu/

russweiss likes this.
  11. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

Fuck me. I need this.

12. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

13. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

After Born For Hell, I decided to keep the Severin train rolling and went with Siege last night. Two for two because this movie was badass. It reminded me a bit of Tenement only mixed with the darker tone and suspense of Green Room. I watched the Extended version, which opens with a lengthy prologue of the main villain being a jerk to his wife. He even smashes her ceramic jack-o-lantern so I guess this is technically a Halloween movie? Anyway, I'd imagine the theatrical version without this prologue is unrelenting, because after this scene is over the movie kicks into gear and really doesn't let up until the very end. I was extremely into it, there is never a dull moment. They really got their mileage out of this location, and had a lot of fun with that two-way mirror.

Trigger warning: the movie is front-loaded with some pretty ugly homophobia, but it pays off because you are really rooting for the good guys here. Severin's disc looks great, but unfortunately doesn't offer anything in the way of video extras. You do get both cuts of the movie though, so it's tough to complain. I'm really loving the gritty little Canuxploitation finds like this and Sudden Fury, and I hope to see more like these hitting blu-ray in the future. I guess Born For Hell is technically Canadian too?

[​IMG]

Severin may have their issues as a company, but in terms of the titles they are releasing, they're not messing around in 2021. They've put out some great stuff this year.

fceurich39, chancetx and MorallySound like this.
  14. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Siege is an all-time Canuxploitation favourite. It's gritty, powerful, tense, and feels real in a sense. I haven't gotten around to re-visiting it yet on Blu, but as a film it's a very high recommendation for those that haven't seen it!

x666x and CPT HOOK like this.
  15. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Finally watched my copy of Blood For Dracula. First time seeing the film so I don't have anything to compare it to but the PQ was lovely. The film itself? Yikes. Are there really people out there who hold this film in high regard, let alone enjoy it? I was bored to tears until that spectacular finale but even a great ending doesn't save this from being a watch-once and forget about it movie. I just don't get it. Maybe for some folks it's a nostalgia thing? Anyway, not looking forward now to Vinegar Syndrome's "prized possession" Flesh For Frankenstein as I'm sure it'll be more of the same pretentious nonsense. I'll stick to cheezy B-movies thank you very much

16. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Flesh For Frankenstein is the better of two. Much much better, there's a lot more gore, great lines, crazy face pulling and just a really fun, cheesy time to be had.

17. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

That was my initial reaction to it as well, but over time I've come to enjoy it. Flesh for Frankenstein is way more flamboyant and over the top. They're so different that they kind of compliment each other in a way. I'm not saying you should blind buy it if you hated Blood for Dracula, but I would definitely recommend watching it in some form. It may be more of what you were hoping Blood would be.

elDomenechHDG, hots4 and Steel76 like this.
  18. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I first saw FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN in 1985 on a cable tv show called "Night Flight". It was edited a bit, but still great...and I found it to be total cheezy B-movie. To me it seemed
    like a cross between those European sex movies you could see on "Showtime After Hours" and a Hammer flick. I didn't see much pretention...just a ton of camp. To this day: I sure wish I looked like Joe D. especially his haircut.

Steel76 likes this.
  19. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Interesting as I'd argue Blood for Dracula is better. My wife and I certainly enjoyed it a lot more and found it more quotable.

Steel76 and maybrick like this.
  20. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I think if you don’t like one of these movies then you won’t like the other. Flesh for Frankenstein was the one I really wanted to see back in the day but Borders only had Blood for Dracula. I bought that and was bored by it and even though I expected more or less the same from Flesh for Frankenstein I bought it when they got it in stock; when I watched it my thoughts on it were pretty much the same as with Blood for Dracula.

Part of what probably put me off about these as a kid was the fact that they are a lot more comedy than horror, back then all I wanted was gore and/or horror and if a movie didn’t deliver then I usually wouldn’t be into it. At that time if I had to pick one as better than the other I would have easily went with Blood for Dracula because even though I really didn’t care for horror comedies back then that one did make me laugh but now I like them both quite a bit and can’t wait for Flesh for Frankenstein.