Roberta Findlay's THE ORACLE - March 15 on DVD

Discussion in 'General' started by Hellbilly, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yes.

2. Luna

Luna Guest

I finally watched this disc, and while the movie itself was fairly poor, except for the fun of recognizing various locations she'd filmed in the city, the crapfest that was this movie was EASILY upstaged by the interview I watched after it. Has there ever been a more repellant personality interviewed for DVD, ever? Seriously... I am thinking she was probably drunk or on crack during that interview, as she seemed a bit slurry and would slap at her hair randomly like an addict does. Talk about ungrateful to the fans and to her poor drunken crew! Holy shit, does this woman even LIKE film? At all? Why shoot horror films if you hate them so much? Why treat your fans like total shitbags? I suspect there were only two reasons she ever gave an interview for Media Blasters:

1. They paid her and/or brought her some Jack Daniels
    2. Jack Daniels was happy with her promotion and promised her cases of the stuff

Other than this, she totally shat upon everyone in that interview, or if she gave a compliment, it quickly turned into a horrible, backhanded compliment. I was absolutely amazed. She thinks her movie wasn't exploitative and poorly made unlike the classics she mentioned? Holy hell, don't fool yourself, lady! I just have no words for what went through my head during that interview. Okay, I had one word... Netflix. I'm SO glad I rented this on Netflix instead of buying it. I would have been one PISSED off fan, having been taken for booze money to further the director's downward spiral. :lol:

I was ready to give this movie a generous 2 out of 5 stars after it was all done, but the interview and the whole attitude that had been evident during the movie slowly became clear to me and dragged that rating down to 1. The director just didn't care, and wow did it show.

Edit: AHA, she is the director of Prime Evil, one of the worst pieces of crap I've seen. This whole thing is becoming less surprising to me now. :lol:

3. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

If you think the interview was bad, check out any Roberta Findlay audio commentary :D She sure hates her movies.

That said I really enjoyed The Oracle. It's a shitfest alright but not without it's gritty, sleazy and poorly filmmaking cheesy charm.

4. Luna

Luna Guest

Oh, I was laughing at the movie throughout, when I wasn't wondering WTF at some of the things that were going on. The cyclone just about had me in fits. I tried to check out the commentary to see what the name of the VERY familiar diner was -- I've eaten there before and it's on the tip of my tongue -- but she didn't even mention it! :cry:

Her claim in the interview that black masses went on upstairs in The Magickal Childe made my jaw drop. I've shopped there before... perhaps I missed the festivities? :lol:

5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Anyone get the blu-ray yet? It has been out a few weeks now. Curious how the disc is.

6. scott71670

scott71670 Well-Known Member

One of my friends is Alexandra Blayde who played the hooker that gets killed in the movie! Im not allowed to give her real name but she did sign my dvd of the oracle.

For more about Roberta read the lem amero book...
    She is a consummate misanthrope.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021 at 9:50 PM
    Katatonia likes this.
  7. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I just ordered a new copy of the Blu-ray from someone on eBay for $15 shipped, so I should have it soon. I think they had 1 more left in stock for the same price if anyone wants to grab one.

8. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

DeepDiscount has it for $12.92 with the current 15% coupon. I went ahead and ordered it there.

9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I actually just watched the new Blu-ray last night....

The transfer looks pretty good. Strong detail and colors. It's now 1.85:1 widescreen vs. the 1.33:1 fullscreen ratio on the old DVD.

For whatever reason though, the audio on the Blu-ray is the same "lossy" track as the old DVD. Dolby Digital 2.0 192kbps, no upgrade at all. They even used a BD-50 disc, but barely even used any of the 2nd layer of it... so there would have been plenty of room for a lossless track.

All of the old bonus features are ported over, and the Trailer also received a new 4K scan.