Night of the Creeps question

Discussion in 'General' started by Franco, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Franco

Franco Weekender

Hey, guys!! I totally love Night of the Creeps (1986) by Fred Dekker, but one question that has always bugged me...

How come no one ever did a sequel or sequels for it? (Not that I want it to had one, just a curiosity. It's great as it is!) Specially in the 80's where many sci-fi/horror movies of different levels of budget had sequels...

Were the rights for this movie well guarded or what? Someone with access to it never accepted a possible sequel maybe?

Hugs,
    F.

2. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

Because the flick grossed less than $600,000 at the box office. No money = no sequel. I'm sure the video revenue was decent, since it's a great movie, but money talks.

There was a remake, however. It's called Slither.

3. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Sliter has nothing whatsoever to do with Night of the Creeps, other than both containing "slugs".

4. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

dag. worse movies made more money. but creeps did miss the mark by al means. great movie.. but fans cared way later. it was too late. to make profit at the box office. for it only played in a very few cities.. if that..

5. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

I have a HUGE question, actually:

The scene where the brunette is changing in the room and the window's open... The slugs come in her window and attack her. Then the next scene is her and Jason Lively(??) walking on campus in daylight... wasn't she just attacked in the previous scene???