New Fangoria App featuring digital issues

Discussion in 'General' started by fattyjoe37, Aug 1, 2012.

1. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Today Fangoria launched version 2.0 of their iPhone/iPad app. It features digital copies of a few classic 80s & 90s issues for 99 cents each. It also has every issue from the last 2 years or so for $3.99 apiece. They even have the sold out Fangoria Legends Presents George Romero for $3.99. In the future they will hopefully get the entire run of the magazine available in this format, making it easier to find a specific issue than scouring eBay for months.

Right now they even have a couple of issues available for free, issue #2 (with Prophecy & Phantasm on the cover) and issue #178 (with Bride of Chucky on the cover). You can read all about it at Fangoria's site.

2. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Rue-Morgue has the same type of App. I don't know, I still like having the actual magazine in my hand. They should offer the digital service for free if you have a subscription and maybe $0.99 if you want back issues. Who would pay for it twice anyway.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  3. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

A nice feature especially for those that don't want to search out back issues. Personally though I agree with Ash. I like having the actual magazine in my hand.

4. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up! Their issues are a little pricier than Fango's ($4.99 for every issue), but they do offer issue 100 for free. What both of these apps need to do is get more back issues loaded onto them, I might find myself going spending crazy if full runs eventually showed up on these. Rue Morgue would definitely need to price their older issues as affordably as Fango is though (only 99 cents for a classics 80s issue!) or they might find themselves not being as successful.

5. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

You sir are awesome. Thank you so much for the heads up. I've been meaning to pick up the George Romero issue, but thanks to you I downloaded it for a very cheap price. Now I am off to enjoy every word. Thank you!