Massacre Video - Updates/Releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Chomp, Feb 16, 2013.

1. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

They had an update on Facebook from July 15th saying the Avon set was currently at the replication stage (along with Night Terror) so it should be soon.

f.ramses likes this.
  2. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Avon Triple Feature:
    https://massacrevideo.com/site/?product=avon-triple-feature-limited-edition-blu-ray-pre-order

I try to avoid Ron Jeremy and the titles don't seem to have other stars I'm interested in so I'll probably pass.

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Night Terror DVD is up on Amazon for $13.29 with a street date of October 13th.

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Anyone seen Night Terror yet?

This is an '80s horror that flew completely under my radar. Just got the DVD in from Target's B2G1 sale.

IMG_20201013_151501.jpg
    IMG_20201013_151513.jpg

5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

^^ I watched Night Terror last month. It's pretty good for a late 80's low budget anthology. It was shot on film, but since it was edited on video it kind of has an SOV feel to it. It's hardly a great film, but it's fun.

CPT HOOK likes this.
  6. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Louis Justin / Massacre Video appearance on The People's Court:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  7. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

There's a lot of dumb shits out there spouting crap about this or that being public domain so I'm glad they nailed this YouTuber on this. I don't disagree with the $10,000 they asked for because if someone were to ask Massacre Video for streaming rights, in perpetuity, that's not an unfair amount at the very least as a starting point in negotiations. So that's what this YouTuber was essentially stealing from Massacre Video. Combine that with loss of sales, legal costs and costs of time and it's not an unreasonable amount.

fattyjoe37 likes this.
  8. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

On a side note, I actually used to watch this version of The People's Court around 15 years ago, but it got too repetitive. Too many cases of cell phone bills, roommates skipping out on rent, etc. But two things stood out to me.
    One was the very first episode I watched, where this middle aged man had promised to pay the bills of a nubile 19-year old girl, in exchange for an "arrangement". The arrangement ended, so the guy took back the car he had bought for her. Judge Marilyn was pissed. She said something at the end like "Sir, you're a sleazeball and I hate you. But girl, this is clearly prostitution and I can't award you a judgement for an illegal act".

The other was a little trick where she would cut someone off with "watch this". It would go like this:
    Defendant: So I paid January's rent on time.
    Judge: Did you get a receipt?
    Defendant: No, but...
    Judge: Watch this:
    Judge (to plaintiff): Did he pay January's rent?
    Plaintiff: No

9. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Toxic Zombies is now up for pre-order. I don’t know if I’d say that this particular movie is worth $30, but I may get it anyways. How are Massacre releases anyways? Up to snuff a/v wise?

10. Katatonia

Their Blu-ray releases are usually pretty good quality. The elements they use are sometimes rough and far from pristine though, but probably all that remains left for some of these films.

maybrick likes this.
  11. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Its live on youtube right now. Look up cinemadness

Katatonia likes this.
  12. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

russweiss likes this.
  13. Katatonia

Is Mahakaal any good though? I'm not really much of a Bollywood fan.

14. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

It's been a little while but my impression was it's pretty good. They're co-opting lots of American 80's style with Indian goofiness inbetween. Probably the only thing wrong with it is that it's 135 minutes and there's a lot of nonsense thrown in to pad it out. In terms of Bollywood horror it's probably closest to meeting one's expectations. I don't think this one is the infamous one with the Thriller rip-off you see the most on YouTube. But there's definitely a Micheal Jackson musical number with the Thriller jacket.

I last watched it about 10 years ago for my Halloween party. Back then I opened things up so people could pick and choose from my collection. Someone picked this and while I hadn't yet watched it I knew enough of its notoriety to think it a good choice. We had a lot of fun with it for the first hour or so but people started getting antsy with it. As I recall it's because there's no real plot so to speak so it doesn't have a coherent build. It's kinda like an endless Saved By the Bell set in India with the random Nightmare on Elm Street sequence now and again. I checked the running time as there was no end in sight and Bollywood movies can be 3+ hours long but this one's just 2hrs 15mins. Even still we stopped it as we got through the Thriller portion and saw enough goofiness to satisfy. In fact I don't know if I've seen it all the way through. (I might have on principle after everyone left.) Since then I've been picking all the movies ahead of time though.

I'll give it another whirl. I'd love to see more Bollywood make it to Blu-ray here if nothing else. As I understand it this stuff is scarce even in India. Not a lot of love for Horror or even older movies there.

Katatonia likes this.
  15. Copyboy

Copyboy Well-Known Member

Wait, WHAT?! Doug Llewelyn is still alive?!?!?!

16. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I saw on FB they are releasing HARD GORE, not my cup of tea but worth noting.