Jeepers Creepers

Discussion in 'General' started by Shannafey, Feb 9, 2003.

1. John

John Guest

I think the film was a bit too hyped up for me. While I enjoyed the movie, it didn't live up to what everyone was saying about it. I had the same thing happen with Blade. I think if I go back and watch Jeepers Creepers, I'll enjoy it more.

2. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

Im another who really loved the movie. I think its one of the better horror movies to come along in awhile, and was a great break away from the masked psycho killing pretty teens crap that went for a few years. Which brings up something I dont really understand, why people are saying they liked it until they found out he was a creature. Whats the problem? They would prefer yet another masked man? I personally thought the Creeper is pretty original and a great change from the usuall masked guy with a -insert weapon here-

3. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Re: do gooders

Exactly. I would feel far differently had he just robbed a bank or done some drugs or something like that.

That said, I like the movie fine. It just makes me highly uncomfortable.

4. Dunwich

Dunwich Guest

I love the movie :) and the DVD rocks!!!

5. Broken

Broken Guest

I loved the movie. The director needs a bullet in his head.
    :fire:

6. Broken

Broken Guest

Hey a fan of monsters and transsexuals. Now that is pc.

7. shift

shift Hot as shit!

Love'd it! I hope part II will clear up on how the monster came allong. Allot of not so horror buff peps did not like it due to the fact that it never showed in the movie how the monster came allong. As for the director.... he paid his crime and if I am right,,, he is whit that chick at this time... right??

8. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I don't deal in "What-if's".

I'm tired of hearing about this everytime Salvo puts a new movie out. It's old news. Everyone involved has moved on with their lives. So should we. Anger is not going to change anything. Believe it or not, I don't give a shit about what famous people do or how they act in their spare time. All I care about is how they do their job. If I became angry about every single asshole in Hollywood, I'd be reading a lot more books.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2003
  9. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

This is really cheap y'know? We are not judges and the man payed for what he did. If some of you are angered by that and want "justice" grab a gun and become Charles Bronson. :bs:

10. Broken

Broken Guest

Charles Bronson is good. But I would rather be Clint Eastwood if you don't mind. Best movie from Bronson is where he takes on the street gang, Death Wish 3 I think. Eastwoods best is
    "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly." just my opinion.

11. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I thought about this film a lot after I watched it. There are a number of reasons I thought it was stupid on top of the child molesting asshole who directed it.

1) Why in Hell did these 2 idiots go back and check out the sewer pipe? Horror movie or not, this was implausible. They were scared to death in the first place, so they wouldn't have stopped, and even the stupidest kids wouldn't go looking for trouble like that.

2) Why did the creature drive a truck? He had freaking wings. He could fly, and fly fast. That just didn't make sense.

3) The whole psychic thing was beyond stupid. Not only was she merely a medium(no pun intended) to explain the origin (what little she explained) but she was annoying and so out of place, it was ridiculous.

4) The creature really needed to be explained. I hate movies that feel they can just throw something at you, and you have to accept it. (Also see my Cronos thread) Where did it come from? Why did it crave human parts? Why was it so invincible?

5) What's up with the song? Was it merely in the movie, so they can use it as the title and to give foreshadowing as to what part of the body the creature wanted from the boy? That was just plain stupid. They didn't use it correctly at all.

If you haven't guessed, I really hated the film and I know it's partly due to my hatred for the director, but I think I made some valid points. Also, I don't care if he did his time, when you molest a child, you've destroyed him or her for life. You don't know what kind of psychological scars that poor boy has. That alone is worthy of a death sentence!! Sorry, but I am a father, and I feel!!

12. Broken

Broken Guest

You forgot how did he get the custom plates for his truck? Just walked in and had all the proper ID.

13. Jamm

Jamm J'aime les cadavres

Very good points brought up by both Shannafey and Israel. I also wondered WTF about all this. But still, it's flaws did not detract from the fact that I did enjoy the movie.

14. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Charles Bronson IS good Israel. Especially in that masterpiece called The Indian Runner (love The Boss by the way - the film was based on one song from "Nebraska", his best album I think). It was a matter of speech. Well, go on then. Grab a gun and clean the streets! :D

15. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

I completely agree with Maybrick. And to answer #2 of Shannafeys question, the truck was to carry the dead bodies around in. Notice he threw a few down the hole, and put the cops dead body(s) in it too. and I'm pretty sure he would be seen flying around everywhere in daytime... I also think ppl need to chill and enjoy a movie instead of picking out stuff. If we're this critical about a -horror- movie making sense, then 80% of them would suck.

16. rhett

rhett Administrator

Creepers makes me mad. I loved the first 40 minutes...very TCM-like. Then when the actual Creeper came in I completely lost interest. It was like Salva didn't know whether or not to make it a rural fright fest or a monster flick. The ending was thankfully refreshingly downbeat, so I came away somewhat satisfied. Still though, to me the movie could have been so much more...

17. Broken

Broken Guest

Well my take that I got from the creature is that it was a fallen angel. You know when satan rebelled from THE ONLY REAL GOD. Don't forget what the black lady said. It tries to act human hence the truck, clothes and weapons.

18. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Popped this on last night with a mate. I'm pretty sure he'd seen it before and for me it had been a while. Narrative I still really love the film. It has a great setup, lots of really effective scenes and ideas. Some acting is a little wonky at times, like the psychic and the sisters final plea which goes a bit too long in my opinion.

The things that really lets it down though is some of the effects work. The lair is laughably fake looking and filled with mannequins that we're meant to believe are real people and it's made worse with closeup shots that don't use any better looking effects. The scene's structure, setup and reveal are all great and effective but then you have these fake looking props that the movie is telling you are real but you can clearly see are not.

I still enjoy the film a lot regardless but sometimes wonder what a remake would be like if the effects were more on point and it followed the same story. It's still one of the best modern monster movies out there in my opinion.
    Also worth noting is that the new Jeepers Creepers Reborn movie is meant to be out this month on the 28th. Fingers crossed it's leaps and bounds better than the third.