INSIDE Directors to direct Sequel to Zombie's Halloween

Discussion in 'General' started by Ash28M, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Source: Rue Morgue Magazine
    August 23, 2008

Earlier this summer, we broke the news Dimension Films' Bob Weinstein was wooing Julien Maury and Alexandre Bustillo (of Inside) to helm a follow-up to Rob Zombie's Halloween.

Rue Morgue Magazine took this news one step further and spoke to the pair who confirm "it's a proposition we couldn't refuse." Maury explains they're reverent of Zombie's re-imagining of Michael Myers and they're out to put their stamp on the character not copy what came before them. "Therefore, our vision will be done with upmost respect, with a continuity of [Zombie's] work but also a real evolution of the world he set in place."

To read the full interview, be sure to pick up the September issue of Rue Morgue Magazine when it hits stands in the next week or so!

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/festivaloffearnews.php?id=7423
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm very interesting...

2. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Active Member

WOW :eek: Making a sequel to a remake.I cant believe it one bit.

Sean

3. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

I totally can movie studios completely ran out of original ideas years ago, thus all the remakes and sequels, so why not a sequel to a remake, and then later on that can remake the sequel!

4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

well at least the team behind hit made inside which was awesome and it almost certainly should top zombie's movie and also will be way better than the hills have eyes part 2 sequel to the remake

5. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

This seems odd to me. Not one, but two French directors are going to be making a sequel to a remake that was directed by a metal singer that may or may not have anything to do with the original Halloween 2. Phew, that's a clusterfuck and a half.

6. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

My first bit of advice? DON'T HIRE MALCOLM MCDOWELL.

7. It's me Billy

It's me Billy New Member

Even though Halloweens 5-8 weren't the greatest, I'd still rather see an attempt at Halloween 9 rather than a sequel to the remake. Because while there were a few things I hated about Halloween 8 (Busta Rhymes, the internet/webcast thing, most of the obnoxious characters w/ the exception of Bianca Kajlich's Sara Moyer) it had a really strong ending that I liked. (The scene in the morgue.)

At least Moustapha Akkad tried to keep the series interesting by going with different ideas and storylines for the sequels rather than remaking something we already had.

8. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Active Member

I totally fucking forgot that The Hills Have Eyes was remade and the remake had a sequel.I only saw the cut version of INSIDE.It was a pretty good movie though.

9. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I was dreading this news. This is as bad, if not worse, than if Sony announced a sequel to GODZILLA '98... That's how blasphemous RZ's Halloween was to the legend of Michael Myers.

10. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Zombie's version a stand alone film with a conclusion to the story it told? Where are they taking this, back to the druid shit to explain Michael coming back from teh dead yet again?
    Make something else. This is probably an attempted cash-in on Zombie's film, which only did well due to timing and curiousity. A sequel is just wrong, that story ended!

11. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Well this'll suck then.

12. rhett

rhett Administrator

When Jason went to space, there wasn't much more to mine there. Freddy, he had a nice conclusion, but easily could have went further. Michael was all ready for round nine though, so I'm sad that it hasn't come to pass. I'd much rather see things continue on from the original series than see a sequel to a remake that pays no homage to the original, and in its own right is one of the worst horror films out there. I didn't like INSIDE, but at least that crew has artistic sensibilities outside of loud, crude shock tactics.

It's pretty rough news, but hey, it could be worse...Zombie could be directing.

Still, I'll definitely snicker when I now have to type Halloween II (2009).

13. agentc

agentc Member

Well I guess I am in the minority here but I'm excited to see their intrepretation, bring it on I say.

14. onebyone

onebyone Guest

"Therefore, our vision will be done with upmost respect, with a continuity of [Zombie's] work but also a real evolution of the world he set in place."

I like Zombie's Halloween and his work in general, but come on? That quote is strange. The whole thing seems like fake news from The Onion or something, I am having a hard time buying it myself.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2008
  15. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Hills Have Eyes
    The Fly
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Prequel, same thing)
    Night, Dawn, Day of the Dead
    Pulse

16. rhett

rhett Administrator

The Ring
    The Grudge

Keep 'em coming!

17. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yuck, yuck, yuck. One remake that doesn't need a sequel.

18. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

These guys rolled out on Hellraiser for this?? Awful!! As blasphemous as the Hellraiser remake is IMO, at least it isn't proven to be shit yet, and these guys have shown they have a handle on artistic design and massive gore, which would have fit just fine with Hellraiser. They're going to have to be like a phoenix rising from the ashes to make anything worthwhile out of the groundwork laid by Zombie...

19. rhett

rhett Administrator

Yeah, totally. Hellraiser was definitely the project for them. We'll have to see how they handle strippers here though, maybe there's some untapped talent.

20. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

People are surprised? The box office obviously dictated a sequel. DVD sales must also be strong considering they're rolling out a double dip in October.

In any event I'm not going to bother to see Zombie's take, none the less a sequel to it.