Halloween 2018 reboot coming!

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Feb 10, 2017.

1. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I saw the $100 VHS tapes at a mall video store. I can't remember the name of the store. But it was a good setup with movie posters on the wall. Pretty high end type movie store compared to a Blockbuster type setup.

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Halloween Kills trailer will be attached to The Forever Purge on July 2nd.

buck135 and Natas like this.
  3. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

I can smell October I tell you. And I'm going hard this year to make up for that piss poor 2020 Corona excuse of a Halloween season. Beer, horror and all things Halloween will be kicked up a few more notches in 2021s version.

Myron Breck, hots4, CPT HOOK and 3 others like this.
  4. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

So hopefully online the same day.

buck135 likes this.
  5. ImmortalSlasher

Pass on the trailer. But I hope this virus thing is over by then. They are talking a Delta variant. And some States in the US aren't even at 50% vaccination. This whole heart inflammation and blood clotting thing is really messing stuff up. The best thing would have been for the month lock down and slow reopening. Some countries got it right without the vaccine.

6. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

We got the delta variant here in the UK and cases are skyrocketing, We have one of the highest take ups of the Jab and one of the slowest to re-open. There is now talk of a delta plus variant. What I've got from this year, is just when you think it's all over, it's not. So while they are planning for it, there will probably be something round the corner to fuck the whole thing up!

7. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

8. Zombie Dude

I feel like they show a little too much in the trailer so I definitely will keep it to this one view for now. Looks good though. Firefighters get demolished lol. Looks like the black cowboy sheriff gets a bit more in the one too. Made realise that they must have planned this as a trilogy from the start most likely.

baggio likes this.
  9. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I dig the Halloween III callback in the trailer. Silver Shamrock is canon!!

Mutilated Prey, Zombie Dude and Natas like this.
  10. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Imo, I see Michael Myers creators blatantly trying to "outdo" Jason. ;)

Sad the Friday 13th series gave up trying about 20 years ago. Imagine if they had the same drive as the Halloween franchise. Sure there were hiccups(film entries) along the way. But they kept moving forward with the basics and took it "seriously"(as much as one can). Even the 2 remakes(which people didn't like) took it seriously.

No body leaping demon, no space, no robo....

I could have come up with 3 Friday films centered around Camp Crystal myself.(after rewriting part 8 ending) Hell I could of rewrote Jason X(made it better, dropped the robo garbage) and bridged it to the next film seamlessly if they insisted on doing a "space" film.

My conspiracy: New Line destroyed the franchise on purpose. Freddy was their baby. They wanted to be king. Took over the Friday franchise and made a joke of it. Rant over. :p

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  11. Zombie Dude

How dare you speak ill of Jason X! :p

But seriously, I don't think the F13th franchise stopped trying. If anything they tried too hard with a lot of different ideas on what to do with the character. JGTH gets a bad wrap because our classic idea of Jason isn't around much, but it's still one of, if not the goriest entry. If you just go with it, it's pretty fun.
    Jason X is one of the fun entries too me. It's ridiculous but that's the point. Some great kills and moments in there too. Of the horror characters that ended up in space, this is the best one.
    Even the remake is pretty good, just not as violent as you might expect.

This modern Myers is definitely more brutal and Jason-like though. He's on another level.

baggio likes this.
  12. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    This is the ONE movie I will see in the cinema for certain. Hopefully a theatrical release will happen and be successful. Although I had seen Halloween H20 about four times in the theaters, I only saw HALLOWEEN 2018 once. I remember it well. I was sitting watching the film...and getting sicker and sicker with the *standard* flu while the movie played. I enjoyed it and walked home - and just conked out. Here's the kicker: I had tickets for a midnight showing of John Carpenter's HALLOWEEN later - ticket purchased and all. I couldn't make it because I was too sick. What was awesome, though, was HALLOWEEN 2018 played in a huge auditorium with a balcony that I had not been to since I saw THE LOST WORLD JURASSIC PARK in 1997! I sat in my favorite seat and everything. Oh, good times. Good innocent times...
    Excuse me, fellow HorrorDVD fans...I tend to reminisce a bit. Anyway, I'm looking forward to this and curious to see what they have planned for Kyle Richards' character.

Natas and Zombie Dude like this.
  13. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

My wife is a Bravo Channel addict.....and that God awful Housewife show that Kyle is on is regularly a presence in my living room. Bunch of fucking moronic lizards. So yeah, I can't wait to watch this new Halloween flick with my wife and glance over with a shit eating grin when/if she meets her demise :D

14. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I have a feeling...(lol) ;)
    Speaking of: there's is a moment with Kyle in a past episode of Real Housewives a few years ago where Lisa Rinna gets into a huge row with Kim Richards and there's a moment when Kyle runs from the table and out the door. It was such a horror movie moment. I swore someone posted a meme (I wished I saved it) stating "Kyle was just told Michael was in the house". It's funny because Kyle runs out of this nice restaurant in Amsterdam as if she's being chased by a killer from a slasher movie.
    Sorry - just had to mention.

Natas likes this.
  15. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

I......unfortunately...... Know exactly what you're referring to lol

To be honest, of all the lizard whores on those shows, Kyle and her husband are pretty tolerable.

16. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

That's what I didn't want ... "ridiculous". It had good moments for sure , but then turned into a comedy. Sorry, just plain sorry(to Kane Hodder) ... the Robo Jason was an embarrassment. Kane should have stepped up and no...NO. I saw every Friday in the theaters from 3 on... the crowd was laughing.

I don't know if you had the pleasure of attending JGTH in the theaters. I did, packed. The audience was in totally "What the hell is going on?" Very little reaction thought the film... AND cheered loudly when Jason finally appeared in the end for 2 mins. Like a superhero just flew in to save the day. That tells you everything you need to know.

They needed to stay "serious" like the most of the Halloween films did. Think about, Jamie Lee Curtis still wants to be a part of the Halloween franchise. That says a lot. And yes. This modern Myers is less in the shadows and more upfront and brutal like most of Jason films. Personally, I like Myers a little more in the shadows and a little more "human". It what makes him different from the other legends, Jason, Freddy, etc...

This trailer. The fireman scene, I'm rolling my eyes. A) because that's not Myers, B) that was meant for Jason.

17. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I can understand from a character perspective why Michael is so brutal now in comparison to the first film: He has been locked away for 40 years and all of that pent up aggression finally has a chance to let loose. But no, Michael was never meant to be "human". It's precisely why Dr. Loomis always referred to him as "The Evil". He made it very clear to the audience that he was NOT human.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  18. Zombie Dude

I understand where you're coming from and didn't even enjoy JGTH much when I first saw it for a lot of the same reasons. A lot of that was because it didn't meet my expectations. Going into it last year with the new boxset, I had a blast as I knew exactly what I was going to get and it felt like a nice change of pace. I quite enjoy it. Plus the cut version should never have happened and definitely would have worsened the blow to it's audience.

When F13th eventually returns I'm sure we'll get a more serious movie akin to these new Halloween films. The remake was serious anyway and that has mixed feelings from fans.

As for brutal Myers, I'll take it. I feel like part of it is a response to how violent Rob Zombie's films were, but also as Maybrick says, he was locked up for so long he's like a different force of nature now. Plus it looks like they're playing even more into the supernatural aspect in this new film.

baggio likes this.
  19. ImmortalSlasher

Supposedly in Israel they are still having a problem with the virus too even though they have high vaccine rates. It's like this scene that I mentioned before in Ghosts of Mars.

The only way we can really stop the virus is for it not to have anywhere to go. But lock downs only work when people follow them. And then keep everything clean. With the Delta variant we still need the masks. I read a story in Australia about the Delta version getting transferred by two people walking a few feet pass each other.

I believe they said the title of the third one in one of the making of videos back then. I think they said it would be Halloween Ends.

The masks are in the first movie. Children are wearing them in a shot.

Sad to admit that I've seen those housewives shows. I mention it at times on the Horror.com forum. There was this recent Halloween fight that is crude and the dialog something out of a horror movie. I like the Medusa makeup on the one wife.

But this is the housewife gift that never ends. At one point she said that she would drown the pretty blonde girl in the lake behind her own house. I can't wait to see the next season because she was arrested.

I saw some of the one with Kyle a while back when there was a conflict with her sister and they were fighting with another woman. I'm not so sure I want to see if she can put on a good acting performance in Halloween. They will need to change her appearance a lot so it's not like a cameo appearance. I think this is the scene.

Natas likes this.
  20. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

You might be onto something with Zombie's version having an effect.

Only one tiny thing. Yes the supernatural part increasing. But he was always(almost every film) put forth as human. The entire concept is based around being a guy that was a mental patient. Everything he did in Halloween 1, from the opening, to escaping, to stalking, to how he killed, to how he got injured, everything screamed human. ....The dude is driving cars. LOL

No but seriously, this entire supernatural thing (or something unkillable) is not even close to what Friday/Jason has put forth in their films. Yes we get he was seen as "evil". So was Manson, Bundy, etc... Again, real Dr.'s have been labeling guys like this for years. The movie reflected that by having Dr. Loomis do the same. Bottom line...the entire concept and the reason why it worked so dam well, was/is because audiences grasped onto this could plausibly happen. Which made it scary.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021