Halloween 2018 reboot coming!

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Feb 10, 2017.

1. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I think we can all write off movies coming to theater's for this year. I just can't see it happening. Especially as you say things aren't going well in the US at the mo. Your to big a market for any film distribution companies to ignore. So I kink of feel the roster for 2020 will just be moved pretty much date for date to 2021.

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

New tease for Halloween Kills...

... although I kinda wish they calm down until they're ready to release the darn thing. I'm getting tired of hearing about it.

3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Awesome! It sucks we have to wait another whole year but I'm still excited for this. Not sure what you've been hearing but since the delay was announced I've not heard much at all. This teaser was very welcomed.

Steel76 likes this.
  4. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Sorry I'm going the other way on this. What the fuck is the point of this? You've got to wait a year to see this. Fuck off with your teasers. I find it disrespectful. Shut the fuck up till its time. Then tantalise us. Remember you chose not to release it, not us.

Christy likes this.
  5. Dave

Dave Pimp

I totally get them waiting a year to release it. Too much risk right now. Too much uncertainty going the direct-to-streaming route. Plus, it's *their* movie. They financed it, etc. They can do what they want. As for the teaser, I get your points of teasing too soon but perhaps they are doing it to help ease the pain of a year delay? I'm only speculating. No one planned for a global pandemic in 2020. Clearly after Tenet crashed and burned most studios decided to write off 2020 for theatrical releases. I would *love* to see more streaming and would gladly pay $30 to see Halloween Kills now. Unfortunately they aren't giving us that option.

6. Zombie Dude

I mean, if a teaser bothers you so much maybe don't watch it? I'm personally real happy to see a little more considering the long wait till next year. It's a bummer it got delayed but I totally get it from a financial perspective. If they release it now then chances are it won't make nearly the same amount of money it would have without the covid scare and many other big films are facing the same predicament.

Steel76 and Natas like this.
  7. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

No I totally get it, yesterday was a bad day for me, where I live they are imposing lock downs from next week, I don't agree with them and this is gonna last past Christmas. I'm gonna struggle to get through this locked in my house for so long so I can't think about the otherside so to speak.

Talking of otherside it will be interesting, the blum fella said it's definitely being released next year covid or not. I can't see this being sorted and gone by next October, so we will see.

othervoice1 and Zombie Dude like this.
  8. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Same here. I wouldn't mind if this would become an option for ALL theatrical movies in the future. Give us a choice to see it on the big screen, or watch at home.
    Used to love going to the theaters, but the last 2-3 years I lost interest in it. It's just not the same anymore. Especially with the digital projection, that lacks the contrast and high resolution of the old 35mm films.
    It just feels like watching a home cinema projection, especially when a lot of theaters only got 2K projectors.
    Rather stay at home in our comfy sofa, watching it on the OLED, being able to pause the movie, if we want more snacks/food or go to the toilet.

Guess I'm just getting old and lazy :D

9. Zombie Dude

This post makes me sad. I love going to the cinema for a great movie or blockbuster. You can't beat that feeling, the booming sound and larger than life screen. I do think certain types of movies should be available with that option. But to say all of them is simply ludicrous to me.

Natas likes this.
  10. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

$30 is too much. I didn't like the last Halloween that much to pay $30 to see a sequel.

Perhaps the economics of movies needs to change. I remember the days of $100 VHS movies to own. And I can't remember the costs of Laserdisc but I'm sure it was up there. We only had a few of those. Movie theater concessions keep going up. When I went to movie theaters a lot in the old days I would get a hot dog, nachos, a drink. Sometimes popcorn. Now it's just Twizzlers.

Movies also seemed better. I hate going to a theater to see a bad movie. That's probably one of the reasons I slowed down going. I would rather watch a bad movie at home then at a theater. I hate the feeling of coming out of a theater and thinking what did I just sit through. Also, I think I've concluded why I enjoy movies more at home then at theaters.

Those Drive In theaters should still be a viable option in the warm areas for releases. But with Fall season coming I guess that's not enough places. And thinking about this, I just remembered those drive-in fast food places from the old days. When they would put the food tray on your window.

drive up restaurant.jpg

There are options, I guess people just don't want to give it enough thought. Or are settled on waiting for the theaters for maximum viewers.

11. Steel76

Sadly it just doesn't excite me anymore. Could be that most movies today, don't have that old-school cinematic quality, that they used to have. A lot of movies today look like TV productions, when it comes to the boring camerawork.

The last wow moment, I had in the theaters, was then I saw The Hateful Eight in 70mm. The image was amazing, with razor sharp details.

wago70 likes this.
  12. Steel76

Yeah, that's just insane. We were lucky over here in Sweden, as a VHS movie only cost around $15-25, all in SP quality.

Hope none of those $100 tapes was in LP "quality"?

13. Steel76

Laserdisc and formats like CED etc, was cheaper than tapes, as tapes cost more to manufacture.

14. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

$100 was in the early days of popular movie VHS tapes to own. This was sometime between 1990 to 1992 I believe. The store always had a few of those on display by the register in a case. I'm sure Laserdisc was even more here because I didn't even consider buying them myself. I remember paying $20 to $30 for episodic stuff. I bet the Laserdisc version was probably 2 or 3 times the VHS price.

15. Steel76

The swedish prices, was from the early 80:s, up until the format died. Remember buying Silver Bullet and The Fog on VHS in 1986, for about $15 each. Big budget movies was around $25.

Laserdisc was around $40, when I started collecting in 94, except for Special Editions, which could cost between $40-100+. I bought them imported from the US, in a local store, and they didn't add any import fees.

Wish I still had kept all my Laserdiscs. Only got about 30 of them left. Used to have about 350 discs. Many of the early Elite discs and the glorious Halloween disc from Criterion. Oh man I wish I still had that one :)

Wonder why the tapes was so expensive in the US?
    Was it to not compete with the rental market?

Edit: Sorry for going out of topic :D

16. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

To clarify for those outside the US, the $100 VHS thing was a new release window for rental stores. So video stores would be paying $100 per VHS tape for new release movies, which they could easily make back through renting them.

After a window of about 6 months to a year, the movie would then be priced to own around $20 or so. If you couldn't wait that long, you were welcome to buy them at $100, but for the most part that was for rental stores.

So basically, movies would have a 6 month theatrical window, a 6-12 month VHS rental window, then you could buy them to own at a fair price.

17. Steel76

Ah okey, that explains a lot.
    I used to work in a video store, and the rental tapes was almost as expensive to buy over here, except for the smaller labels that only released B movies.

Thanks for the info :)

18. Zombie Dude

[​IMG]

Steel76 likes this.
  19. Steel76

20. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

I just wanna see The Shape on the big screen again. I caught Freddy large and in charge on Halloween.....I read we'll get another Leatherface flick in 2021 (not anticipating anything good, mind you).....I'll take another Chucky too, even if it is played by that cat from the Star War. :D