Candyman

Discussion in 'General' started by RyanPC, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Revoltor

Revoltor Guest

I think what stood out most for me in Candyman were the sound effects.

I mean holy shit! Hearing the hook tear someone from their groin up to their mouth is fucking incredible!

The best part is...you never SEE it happen.

Great take on the Bloody Mary urban legend.

2. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

Now that Happy Birthday to Me's release date has been discovered as being October 26, I'd say it's safe to say that we'll be seeing the Candyman SE getting released on the same date.

And whatever came of the Body Double SE, Bram Stoker's Dracula SE, and Christine SE that Columbia was working on? Are we likely to see these on Oct. 26 as well?

3. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Wow, see what I miss when I go away for a weekend?? WOOHOO! :banana:

Don't know about the Body Double SE, but I'd sure love to have one!

4. SilentScreams

SilentScreams Member

From DVDFile:

Look into the mirror. Say his name five times... and you will pay the price. Candyman, one of the most underrated horror films in recent memory, returns as a new special edition release from Columbia Tristar on August 17th. The disc will feature a 1.85 anamorphic transfer, DD2.0 surround, an audio commentary track with director Bernard Rose,the all new "Sweets to the Sweet: The Candyman Mythos" featurette (featuring interviews with Rose, Clive Barker, actors Tont Todd, Virgina Madsen and Kasi Lemmons), "Clive Barker: Raising Hell" featurette, original storyboards, and bonus trailers. Retail is $19.95.

Great News! :banana:

5. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Great to see that a Rose commentary will be included, and I can't wait to get this disc. A SE for this film is long overdue.

6. Revoltor

Revoltor Guest

nice. should retail for like 12-15 bucks.

7. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Can't wait! I'll be picking this up as Candyman is one of my favorite films. :)

8. Mattster

Mattster Guest

Jesus what's up with the shitty artwork. I know they can do better than that. I'll make my own and submit it to dvdcoverart.com

[​IMG]

9. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Wow that is horrible. He looks constipated on there.

10. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

:lol: Actually, I don't think the artwork is too bad, it's just the picture they chose of Tony Todd is horrible.

11. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Yea, thats some really bad artwork. It's times like this I really am grateful for dvdcoverart. I usually expect this kind of crap from Paramount, but Columbia? What gives??

12. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Here's Columbia's cover for their upcoming DVD of Happy Birthday To Me: :eek2: :nervous:

13. Holy Shit!!

That's scarier than the movie itsself ;)

14. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I thought that was the new cover for It's Alive.

15. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Bad cover art or not, I'm just glad that my instincts were correct and this classic is finally getting the treatment it deserves. The cover is a minor quibble, especially when I have the barebones version and can just substitute the awesome original art.

16. Il Corvo

Il Corvo Guest

Great film. The sequels are another story though, especially part 3 :sleepy: . However, part 1 is one of the greatest slashers out there.

17. Mattster

Mattster Guest

They should have just used the German artwork. This pic doesn't do it justice though. I have the poster framed on my wall and it looks great!

[​IMG]

18. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

Is Fluch the German version of felching?

19. Mattster

Mattster Guest

That would make a very disturbing movie. It means Candyman's Curse.

20. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I revised my custom cover and think it looks a lot better now. What does everyone think? If anything, at least it's better than the new cover art. :nervous: