Answering your door for Trick or Treat this year?

Discussion in 'General' started by ImmortalSlasher, Sep 1, 2021.

1. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

Some people hate black cats. I don't know why. I've heard the don't cross the path of a black cat. Sounds silly. I there was a hilarious old cartoon about it. I found a cool cat that I'm going to start a topic about after reading a bit more. Some here might like it.

2. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

ImmortalSlasher likes this.
  3. ImmortalSlasher

4. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I know some people get annoyed by that, but when I was a real little kid, there were only a handful of houses on my street. One on either side, then it was like half a mile or more to the next one (not anymore, checking that street on Google Maps now). We would go to those houses, then my dad brought us to a more densely populated development right by my elementary school so we could load up.

So sometimes, people come from areas where trick-or-treating is unfeasible.

5. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Think that's why sometimes mine just poops on the floor for no reason? A little revenge for what people did to her ancestors?

By the way, I won't be doing anything at home for Halloween this year; my film festival schedule came out and Halloween occurs right in the damn middle of it. They're making me lead projectionist again, so I'll almost certainly be there that day.

6. ImmortalSlasher

I never lived anywhere like that. That sounds like a really wealthy area or an upcoming area. The worst was apartment buildings with people working. They wouldn't do any trick or treating.

I swear I saw someone train a cat to use a human toilet and hit the flush button. Yeah it's on youtube. That seems like asking for unneeded germs to me.

7. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Or a very rural area. Almost all of the land on the street where I grew up was apple orchards. I've looked at it on Google satellite though, and all those apple orchards are gone, now replaced by homes.

8. ImmortalSlasher

Actually I vaguely remember going to a few farm houses when I was young. They had a good distance like you mention between homes. I wouldn't be surprised if it was still like that. Although even though they were farm houses. I think the people had a lot of money. Land outside of the city might be cheaper but you still need income to buy all that land.