When a Stranger Calls Back is OOP!

Discussion in 'General' started by Noto, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Noto

Noto Guest

This is bullshit.

Discuss why the best sequel in Carol Kane's career is not available.

2. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Maybe they are planning a double dip later, to coincide with the remake hitting DVD.

However, even if it is OOP forever, I am ok with it. If you haven't rushed out and gotten this awesome movie already, you are just totally not ownership worthy.

3. Noto

Noto Guest

:rolleyes: Don't you have some TV program to be watching or something?

4. Noto

Noto Guest

You've been...

[​IMG]

5. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Oh, was that supposed to be a burn? I couldn't really tell. It certainly was missing the necessary sarcasm and wit to bring the heat.

6. Noto

Noto Guest

I must apologize for that. It took the last creative energy I had to create the Gershon.

I don't own When a Stranger Calls Back and I'll never be a dancer. It appears as though I will need that tissue.

7. ReNeGaDe

ReNeGaDe Guest

Isnt that sequel a laugable TV movie?

8. Noto

Noto Guest

Nah, its actually pretty solid.

9. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

that first sequence of the sequel is one of the most tense horror film experiences. I don't like the rest of the flick much, but it's worth it to see the opening. Expertly done.

10. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I loved the film - the opening is pretty solid and tense...love how the main character is pressured and manipulated by the caller. I found the villian to be very creepy - and unique.

11. It's me Billy

It's me Billy New Member

I have the DVD. I purchased it about five or six years ago at a Super Kmart Center really cheap. Probably about five or ten dollars. The store has since closed in May-June 2002. It's a Goodtimes title. The transfer is 1.33:1 (and this is most likely the OAR since, by all accounts, this is a TV movie from 1993) and there are no extras, not even a trailer. It's a very good film, but I don't think it tops the 1979 original. The opening sure is terrifying though. I'm surprised Universal hasn't put out their own DVD of this film yet. They aquired back all of the distribution rights to their films that they licensed to Goodtimes and Image a few years ago. With the remake of the original in theaters right now, maybe Universal will release WASCB on DVD this fall. I do know that WASCB is the only Goodtimes DVD remaining in my collection. I've replaced all of the others with the better (16x9) Universal discs.

12. I don't know that I would upgrade if Universal put out their own DVD of this. The video and audio on the DVD are both very good, it's a full frame movie so no need for a falsely matted widescreen print of it, and I can't really see Universal going all out on extras for this one. The one I have is in a keep case which matches my When a Stranger Calls DVD so I'm all set.

13. It's me Billy

It's me Billy New Member

I agree, Shoes. This is the only Goodtimes DVD (that I've ever owned) that I feel needs no replacing. It's already in its OAR of 1.33:1 and I can't see this film getting any extras either. If Universal ever does put it out on DVD probably the only thing different will be the Universal logo in place of the Goodtimes logo and some different cover art. By the way, my copy is in a snapper case. I bought mine before Goodtimes made the switch to keep cases.

14. philxus

philxus New Member

:fire: CRAPPY MOVIE ANYWAY,IT WAS ON IN LIFETIME CHANNEL YESTERDAY:sleepy:

15. Noto

Noto Guest

OMG YOU WATCHED IT LOL YOU WATCHED THE LIFETIME CHANNEL!!!

:rolleyes: Douche.

16. jshoop

jshoop New Member

I saw this at the local pawnshop the other day. might have to go back and see if it's still there!

17. Franco

Franco Weekender