Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I've never been a subscriber and never pre-ordered the full monthly package. Have heard before that Vinegar Syndrome sent coupons for the VSA titles to subscribers. Do they ever send these coupons to customers who pre-order the full November package?

2. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Very gratifying to see VS take on larger and larger projects. They've been doing stand out work and this success couldn't have happened to a more deserving team.

I went with the flash November pre-order last year and have received no coupon(s) in conjunction with that purchase.

These subscriptions are a great idea but my days of buying everything in sight is behind me so even last year's flash pre-order was a bit out of turn for me. Purely because it was Tammy and the T-Rex. I got a little caught up in that excitement. I'll only be picking up a few things this Black Friday; may not even reach the free S&H threshold.

3. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Got Beastmaster individually. The flash pre-order isn't for me as I usually only ever want one title a month from VS. I will be grabbing Fade to Black though when it is available individually on Black Friday.

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I don't believe they send you a coupon for the VSA titles, but in the past they have sent a discount on the full next year subscription (2021).

5. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Just an FYI, that threshold is now $0. I'm sure you can reach it if you try.

X-human likes this.
  6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Okay, question for those of you who know more about "renewals" of VS Subscriptions than I do....

I bought the Halfway subscription on the last sale. Now do VS send you a notice when it's going to expire and allow you to renew it somehow, or will I just need to grab the Yearly subscription once it turns up on their website again later this year?

7. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Before the Black Friday sale they will send out a subscriber email that should have instructions but basically you would just sign up for whatever yearly option you want on Black Friday. Assuming no delays or they didn’t say otherwise your half-year subscription will end at the end of December. I’ve been a subscriber for several years and that’s always how it’s always worked for me.

russweiss and Katatonia like this.
  8. CPT HOOK

Yes, subscriptions are bound to the calendar year, so it will end December 2020. However, December is typically reserved for adult titles, so unless you are completionist, the November titles will be the end of your subscription.

If you plan to resubscribe, you MUST do it during the Black Friday sale. That is the only time it will be available. As a current subscriber, they should send you a coupon that gives you a little discount on the next year's subscription (I think last year it was $60, but it might be less if you're a halfway subscriber?). So if you plan to resubscribe, make sure you do it during Black Friday weekend.

Myron Breck, Katatonia and zbinks like this.
  9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Okay, thanks CPT. Do you recall how much the last yearly subscription price was approx. (non-adult) ?

10. CPT HOOK

I searched my GMail account and couldn't find my order email, but I want to say it was:
    $640 - $60 coupon code = $580

Katatonia likes this.
  11. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

IIRC, the dollar value for the coupon depends on how well they did with their release projections at the time the subscriptions were put up vs. what they actually released during the subscription period, and it looks like they're actually on pace to match or exceed their projected MSRPs for year and half-year subscriptions, although that's partly due to recent increase in their standard MSRPs from $34.98 to $39.98.

BOLD = Completionist only titles
    Green = Announced titles that were released or are still projected for release in 2020
    Red = Announced titles that are not projected for release in 2020

Katatonia likes this.
  12. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Thanks for the replies on the coupons. It was wishful thinking on my part I guess.

13. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

$640 was the price for the non completionist subscription. Last year was the first time I subscribed to this and I was given a $25.00 discount as an incentive. Previous yearly subscribers got the better $60.00 discount. I will be renewing my yearly subscription as there isn't any downside for me. Certainly there are some titles I wouldn't have bought on their own but overall it's an incredible deal and I'm fairly sure I would have spent as much or more and received less titles without the sub.

14. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Active Member

Real curious to see what the 3D blu will be?!@?

15. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Silent Madness?

Myron Breck likes this.
  16. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

That's my guess as well.

Mutilated Prey likes this.
  17. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

I'd be very surprised if 3D Blu was anything other than Silent Madness.

CPT HOOK likes this.
  18. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Same guess from me.

19. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

September's package arrived today. Severin's Crueler bundle also arrived.

DSCN1719.JPG

20. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

As a yearly subscriber I can properly answer this question. And the answer to your question is: No, if you just order a monthly package you will not get coupon codes for VSA titles. You'll only get these coupons if you're a subscriber (yearly or half-way subscribers) and they are usually for $5 to $10 off the VSA titles if you choose to add them to your package as they are not part of the subscription package. The coupon codes are tied to the emails associated with the subscription so they only work for subscribers.