Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Me too. Wow.

2. jstell

jstell Active Member

I'm in the same boat; label created on Nov 26 and no progress. The USPS is really a mess right now. I've been selling on ebay and the time it's taking to ship is ridiculous. It took a week for someone who lives in the same state to get something. Something's been sitting in some CA PO since Nov. 30 with no movement. And I'm shipping priority mail or first class. And these delays are all over the place. I hope I get these discs before Christmas.

3. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

Some people love steelbooks. I only have a few myself. I make sure the covers are worth displaying. Not just get a steelbook to get one.

I read American Cinematographer a lot and when people were discussing film scans in the early days it was at the 2K and 3K point. I can't remember exactly the amount of resolution that they can get out of film. But they were talking about a limit and that once you hit 2K or 3K that you needed the setup and positioning to really enjoy the differences. I'm sure with 4K we are close to the final line so we should see some ultimate editions soon.

Many old games are still really good. Resident Evil remake for one. I think that is close to 20 years old.

Here is that other space game I mentioned in my last post.

baggio likes this.
  4. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

We don't have a thread dedicated to this movie (should we?), but I watched this last night on Showtime and really dug it. And it was filmed pretty close to where I grew up!

5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I know I'm the one that originally posted it, but this is a really great little movie. Reminded me a lot of Todd Haynes' Safe. If you have the Showtime networks, this one is highly recommended (as is Extra Ordinary, which is also currently on there). I picked up the blu-ray when it was released and unfortunately the only extra is a trailer.

6. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Ok, so today I got the email conformation for shipment of the F13 replacement Blu's. Took a long time between the first confirmation Nov. 17th saying they will be processing soon, but here we are. I'll get it eventually. :D

[​IMG]

7. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

Yeah. I got my confirmation on November 26th and haven't received them yet. So be patient.

baggio likes this.
  8. ImmortalSlasher

I was thinking about watching it during dinner a few weeks ago. But concluded that the idea of watching a woman eat all kinds of stuff wasn't the best thing to watch when I was eating. I might watch it one day. I'm pretty picky about what I put in my mouth though as I almost died on a piece of candy once. I don't even do the swallowing pills thing. Chewable only.

9. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Got this email today from the replacement program: Seems like the universal info for anyone like myself that has yet to receive the discs. I appreciate they are keeping us informed.

russweiss likes this.
  10. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Yeah, then this might be one of those movies that really pushes your buttons. Maybe not in a good way. But definitely don't watch it while eating, even though it's not the eating of the non-food items that makes this movie uncomfortable to watch....

11. scott71670

scott71670 Well-Known Member

Well, I guess since my mouth is pretty much considered a popular holiday destination I'm gonna haveta see this movie for the team.

12. ImmortalSlasher

Really? I saw a scene with thumbtack pins that gave me the shivers. I guess I'll check wiki to see what this movie is really about.

13. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

I just got this mediabook in from Amazon.de. I haven't done a direct comparison with the Scream Factory release, but I did recall a few scenes from that release that had SD-inserts. Unfortunately, this newer release does, in fact, have SD-inserts. There's one around the 35:20 mark and another around the 52:50 mark. Whatever remastering was done, and I'm skeptical if there really was any, did not include a new film scan from complete film elements.

14. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Yeah, I watched this, this afternoon and was about to post my findings. A disgrace to advertise no SD inserts when it was quite clear there was.

I'm still happy with it as I didn't have the Scream factory edition. I will be interested to hear you comparison analysis.

X-human likes this.
  15. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

I don't have the ability to take screencaps, but I did take a peak at the Scream Factory disc, today. The Mediabook is fine if you need a Region B release, or if you're a fan of Mediabooks, but I wouldn't import it hoping for a substantial upgrade. Whatever additional "remastering" was done, if any, seems to be pretty minimal.

16. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Ta,I went with it a, because of the new master and b, Scream stuff is so fucking expensive. Got a deal on the mediabook so happy with it.

russweiss likes this.
  17. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I kind of figured this would be the case. That is quite lame that they advertised it as having no SD inserts on the Blu-ray.

18. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

It was a weird one but I don't think it ever made me feel grossed out. I was mostly like:
    [​IMG]

19. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

20. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Got my Friday Replacement Blu's yesterday. Took a while, but now I can check that off my list.