Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Katatonia likes this.
  2. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

3. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Anybody have news about replacement Blu for Friday sets mail confirmations? I know they said it would be mailing in November.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Didn't they say it would be late November? I thought so, but maybe I'm imagining it.

baggio likes this.
  5. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I read over the replacement disc information and it only specified they would ship in November.

baggio likes this.
  6. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

So Shout got back to me about my damaged discs and art for a few titles in their set and I'm being told they don't ship to Australia due to rights issue.... Um, ok...but I have the set already so why can't they send me the replacement parts as these are defects that came out of their own factory? I'd understand if it was shipping damage but this has all come about due to very poor quality control. Not happy :mad:

Katatonia and wago70 like this.
  7. Katatonia

Wait... so they won't even send you the "fixed" replacement discs???

8. russweiss

Who did you buy the set from? I checked Shout's site and it does say they don't ship internationally. Also did you check with discshipment.com to see if they will send you at least the 3 replacement discs from that program?

9. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

No those are fine because they ship from a third party apparently :rolleyes: Kind of make it all the more ridiculous. So I can get their set elsewhere delivered to me in Australia, I can get those replacement discs here, but for them to fix other issues that are on them they won't do it. Ridiculous.

I got it from TCM who I have also emailed now, but considering the set they set me was pristine I think this should be Shout's issue to fix. To completely brush their hands of it because I'm international is ridiculous. I get it for purchasing from them, but if they release stuff with issues like this then it should be for them to fix and make good. They could if they actually cared I'm sure.

Katatonia likes this.
  10. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

That's what I remember. Just November in general.

I looked it up just now:

BUT Katatonia you are right. They did say this on the actual form fill out.

So it could be possible not until way late November and even December before we get them looks like. Going on that 6-12 business days to destinations within the continental US. Even more for outside US.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    Katatonia likes this.
  11. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Have a question. Shout's Omen collection. Omen (1976), which is the best Commentary to listen to?

Maybe it's just me, but the choices are confusing. I watched the blu, but during I wanted to hear how they did certain scenes, etc.. Anyway, first off I have no idea whose voice is who. I'm flipping through the 4 tracks, nobody is talking about the scenes. Talking real low too, and not enough. Zero energy. They're talking about stuff I could care less about. I'm admitting I was lost, but it shouldn't be this confusing.

Now I'm not a huge commentary guy, buy will listen from time to time and do for the most part enjoy them. I mean I get it. Shout wants to put a hundreds of these things on their releases. But it's way overkill, why not have the director's neighbor do a commentary while they are at it. All I want is to hear the director and the actors, talking loud and clear. Everyone else is unnecessary. Especially don't care about writers of films that have zero to do with the Omen.

12. russweiss

Available to pre-order now.

[​IMG]
    "Once upon a time, on a sad Valentine, in a place known as Hanniger Mine. A legend began, every woman and man, would always remember the time..."

Grab your pickaxe and respirator mask—The My Bloody Valentine Deluxe Limited Edition Steelbook with Exclusive Action Figure and Lithograph is here!

For the first time ever in action figure form, Scream Factory™ is offering an exclusive, limited edition 8” tall action figure by NECA of "The Miner". Featuring two accessories, a pickaxe and a heart in a box, this figure is limited to 4,000 units, so axe fast!

While supplies last, we are also including an exclusive, limited edition 28.5” x 16.5” rolled lithograph — made exclusively for this promotion — of the newly-designed artwork from artist Orlando Arocena.

Note: the Steelbook and figure can be purchased individually, but the limited lithograph is exclusive to this bundle.

Don't get your heart broken—order this deluxe set now!

Katatonia and fceurich39 like this.
  13. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

So the film itself. This release, has the PQ upgraded any? Like Motel or Pumpkinhead was for example.

14. m@ggot

m@ggot Active Member

I've always wanted a Harry Warden action figure...and since the steelbook doesn't appear to have an uptick in pq, I'll probably just pick the figure up solo. Now if NECA would only release an action figure of "The Prowler..." I've always loved that slasher (oddly similar to MBV) and would totally grab an action figure rendition of him...even though I recall one online reviewer comparing his appearance to that of a walking turd...

15. russweiss

I already own multiple copies of MBV so I'm not all that excited about the steelbook. I do think the figure looks really good and I currently own five other Shout/Neca figures and have the They Live one on pre-order. I also want the lithograph although that is a lesser consideration.

m@ggot likes this.
  16. Katatonia

It just sounds like a cash grab to me. The older release already stated "NEW 4K Scan" for both versions on each disc, so it sounds like the same exact disc content. The transfer was perfectly fine, so it's no surprise they'd just use it again.

The SteelBook looks nice and colorful, but I prefer the original artwork. The NECA figure is nice too, but I'm not one to collect them. Easy pass here.

17. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Yup, they would have had a better chance of selling me this whole set if I hadn't already bought the previous release. Very cool and all, but no thank you. Poor timing.

Katatonia likes this.
  18. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

19. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

^

Beat me to it.

Just got the same email literally 2 minutes ago.

20. Do you see

Do you see Member

Got my email too!