Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

These types of fan cuts are fun to visit every once in a while. I do agree that with Part 2 I wouldn't see it as a go to version. Something like The New Blood I'd likely go to a fan cut as preferred viewing though.

Natas, Mutilated Prey and Steel76 like this.
  2. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

The movie was shot open matte, and if the uncut footage is presented like that, I will crop the image to 1.85:1. Also, I will do color correction, to match the look of the rest of the 4K transfer. Will also work on the soundtrack, so the music won’t cut off during the inserts.
    The image quality on the tape is supposed to be better than expected, as mentioned in the article, so it hopefully won’t have tracking issues as in the uncut footage from part 7.

We’ll see how the project turns out in the end.

3. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is the only version I watch these days. The cut version feels like PG-13.

4. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Really well done.

The MPAA cuts are pathetic. I can see why they would have a problem with the head crushing that gets pretty messy and maybe the garden stimmer. But the rest are pathetic, Some of the edits are so short they are blink and you'll miss em, They are a bunch of annoying cunts flexing their muscles for no other reason but to give themselves power hard on's. Shame on these pricks.

5. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

The other thing I really like about that video. Show guts, gore and entrails all good. But don't you dare show a pair of tits. That's just to far!

Zombie Dude and Steel76 like this.
  6. Zombie Dude

Yeah, considering the quality of the footage I think they did a terrific job. The kills at least pack a punch now.

I agree about the MPAA. They're a bunch of useless, hypocritical idiots.

Never understood that either. Bunch of tit shamers over there.

hots4 and Steel76 like this.
  7. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

They Live coming to US 4K Ultra!!!

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD/posts/1962850767185258

"***Big THEY LIVE news***
    We just can’t get enough of John Carpenter’s politically charged sci-fi classic and we’re celebrating it in an exciting and elaborate fashion!
    For the first time in the U.S. & Canada, THEY LIVE is being released in a 2-Disc UHD/Blu-ray format nationwide and will be available on our site and other retailers. Release date is Dec 8th. It will include all previous bonus features from the prior 2012 Collector’s Edition release.
    If you order the title directly from us @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/page/list/id/282130?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=TLneca_screamfb we are presenting the choice of 5 EXCLUSIVE OFFERS for the ultimate fan of the film. Two major highlights in those bundles include:
    - For the first time ever, a limited edition 8” inch
    NECA - N.E.C.A
    action figure of Keith David’s “Frank” is a reality and only available exclusively from Scream Factory. "Frank” as portrayed by actor Keith David, It’s a perfect complement to NECA’s “John Nada”/Roddy Piper action figure (available elsewhere in Nov 2020), "Frank" comes with two accessory machine guns, and is dressed in a purple shirt, khaki pants, and special sunglasses to see right through the aliens’ disguise. The figure will be housed in a collectible retro box packaging featuring original theatrical art. This figure is authorized and approved by actor
    Keith David
    with only 4,000 units being made.
    - Also available exclusively only from us is a 7” record on exclusive bubble gum pink vinyl via Sacred Bones Records,
    featuring music from the film composed by John Carpenter and recorded by John, Cody Carpenter, and Daniel Davies. The A-side includes the 2017 version of the main title and the B-side contains a never-before-released recording of "Wake Up" recorded by the trio in 2019. The bubble gum pink vinyl is a limited edition run of 2,500 copies and is housed in a lavish slipcase with new art by frequent Carpenter collaborator Chris Bilheimer.

Pre-order now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/page/list/id/282130?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=TLneca_screamfb while offers last. We definitely expect the action figure and record will go quick."

And according to the comments, the Blu-ray disc included will also feature the 4K transfer (plus 7.1 sound)!:

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD/posts/1962850767185258?comment_id=1962855310518137

So even if you don't have They Live on Blu-ray, this new edition is the best way to go!

And if this does well, MORE will follow!

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFact...64333850568&reply_comment_id=1962871627183172

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    gobad2003 likes this.
  8. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I feel like the irony of merchandising They Live is probably lost upon Shout Factory.

9. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

So what's the big black case with OBEY on it? Their descriptions don't really account for it. Is it a case to hold the Blu-ray and Vinyl?

Not too enamored with this.

Steel76 likes this.
  10. sinister

sinister Active Member

There's plenty of "They Live" merch for sale at the official John Carpenter web store :

https://blixtmerchandise.shop/john-carpenter

and the same stuff is available when he does the live music tours. Must admit I picked up a set of the "They Live" stickers. :)

11. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Sacred Bones Records has also announced a unique pair of vinyl sets: https://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/collections/frontpage/products/sbr264-john-carpenter-they-live

Deluxe Version w/ Action Figure, Limited to 250:
    -Scream Factory 4K UHD/Blu-Ray Edition of They Live
    -7" pressed on Red-and-Blue Swirl vinyl, exclusive to Sacred Bones
    -NECA action figure of Frank Armitage (Keith David), exclusive to Scream Factory and Sacred Bones

Limited Edition, Limited to 500:
    -Scream Factory 4K UHD/Blu-Ray Edition of They Live
    -7" pressed on Black-and-White Swirl vinyl, exclusive to Sacred Bones

And their photos use arrangement and scale to suggest the black box is a case to house the Blu-ray and vinyl.

12. Zombie Dude

I've tried to watch They Live several times and just can't get into it. I'm always checked out by the end.

I'll be curious if there's more Carpenter to come from Shout on 4k.

13. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I'm also not too big on They Live. It's not bad, but I don't think it's a great movie. I'm happy enough with the original Scream Factory release.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  14. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

These guys are releasing some great sets this year.

I love They Live. I vaguely remember being a bit spoiled on the twist because I saw something about it in a horror magazine I think. But the movie didn't disappoint when I was able to see it. I can't remember if it was a rental or on TV. But it was wild and still is. For some reason, it's always relevant with the world financial systems.

I would prefer a figure of Childs from The Thing. I think Pop Culture Shock was supposed to make one but it was cancelled.

I got this book a year or so ago from the Mondo site. I think I mentioned it before around here.

They Live Rough Trade Books.jpg

It also works as a prop from the movie's magazine stand. I want to make some kind of modern version of that Caribbean girl poster.

russweiss and Zombie Dude like this.
  15. Christy

Christy Member

Hahaa thats pretty killer good stuff!

16. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

17. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

18. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

wago70, satans-sadists and chancetx like this.
  19. thing

thing Well-Known Member

finally plonked down the money for this

Nailwraps, m@ggot and Katatonia like this.
  20. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I watched Deathsport a few days ago right after receiving the Blu-ray from Shout. Had not seen it since I last owned the old New Horizons DVD release. Had fun revisiting this, especially with such a considerable audio/video upgrade. Thanks for your feedback on this one a couple weeks ago.

wago70 and Katatonia like this.