Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

When are they going to announce this damn Friday the 13th set?

2. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Erick H. likes this.
  3. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Ghost Ship has been delayed to 9/29, adjust your schedule accordingly.

4. Nailwraps

5. Nailwraps

Details for The Kiss of The Vampire:

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/the-kiss-of-the-vampire-collector-s-edition?product_id=7394

"Bonus Features
    • NEW 2K Scan Of The Interpositive In Two Aspect Ratios (1.85:1 And 1.66:1)
    • NEW Audio Commentary With Author/Film Historian Steve Haberman And Filmmaker/Film Historian Constantine Nasr On The 1.66:1 Version
    • NEW The Men Who Made Hammer: Composer James Bernard
    • NEW The Men Who Made Hammer: Production Designer Bernard Robinson
    • Audio Commentary With Actors Edward De Souza And Jennifer Daniels, Moderated By Peter Irving On The 1.85:1 Version
    • Original Theatrical Trailer & TV Spot
    • TV Version Kiss Of Evil With Optional Audio Commentary By Film Historians Troy Howarth And Nathaniel Thompson (In Standard Definition – 1.33.1)
    • Additional Scenes Added To The TV Version Kiss Of Evil
    • Kiss Of Evil TV Trailer"

6. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

7. Zombie Dude

Man I remember switching off Escape From LA once it got to the surfing scene. Ridiculous. It suddenly felt like I was watching Batman from the 60's.

Steel76 likes this.
  8. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Or 90's...
    [​IMG]

Steel76, Myron Breck and Zombie Dude like this.
  9. Zombie Dude

Lol, oh no.

10. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I received the replacement disc for The Lost Continent in the mail today, so they're definitely sending them out now.

The new disc has "V2" appearing on the disc label under the copyright text, and was authored on May 8th.

11. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

Got mine a couple days ago, then bumped it to the head of the queue. As bonkers as I remember it being.

The extended footage is very much notably a lesser quality, and the motion timing appears off (motion appears jerky and slowed). Having watched it, it adds almost nothing to the plot, and given the quality its a rare instance I'd say just watch the theatrical version.

12. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

I bought the movie, when it was released on laserdisc, without seeing it first.
    What a fucking mess it was.
    The CGI sequence when he takes the sub into LA, looked like a bad intro to a PS1 game.
    But the worst part, is that it mostly feels like a remake, instead of a sequel.

Haven’t seen the movie since it was released on dvd. I might give it another try, and see how I feel about the movie today.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  13. Zombie Dude

Yeah I remember thinking it was odd as it did feel like more of a remake than a sequel.
    Good luck revisiting it. I can't imagine it's any better today :p

Steel76 likes this.
  14. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

In space, you will be hearing many screams as we unleash 1997’s gruesome EVENT HORIZON on an upgraded & definitive Blu-ray release this Fall! Details we have currently are as follows:

• National street date for North America (Region A) is planned for Sept 29th. Please note that the date could change as we are still experiencing a domino effect from the COVID situation--which has caused numerous delays for earlier releases in our schedule, as you have seen We’ll do our best to keep this date of course, but we’re still in an unprecedented time in which getting access to talent for extras or setting up film transfers are more challenging than they were before. We appreciate your understanding now and in advance and hopefully there will be some stabilization.

• This is being presented as a Collector’s Edition release and will come guaranteed with a slipcover in its first three months of release.

• The newly commissioned artwork you see pictured comes to us from artist Joel Robinson. This art will be front-facing and the reverse side of the wrap will feature the original theatrical artwork.

• New extras are in progress and will be announced on a later date (Aug timing, and also depending on current events). We can confirm today that we are doing a new 4K scan of the film! As for any much-inquired-about additional footage (in addition to what's be presented on prior releases), we are looking into it as best we can. We welcome any leads you may have alongside our efforts.

Pre-order now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/event-horizon-collector-s-ed… , the first 500 orders will include an exclusive limited-edition 18” x 24” rolled poster of the exclusive new illustration.

In space, you will be hearing many screams as we unleash 1997’s gruesome EVENT HORIZON on an upgraded & definitive Blu-ray release this Fall! Details we have currently are as follows:

• National street date for North America (Region A) is planned for Sept 29th. Please note that the date could change as we are still experiencing a domino effect from the COVID situation--which has caused numerous delays for earlier releases in our schedule, as you have seen We’ll do our best to keep this date of course, but we’re still in an unprecedented time in which getting access to talent for extras or setting up film transfers are more challenging than they were before. We appreciate your understanding now and in advance and hopefully there will be some stabilization.

• This is being presented as a Collector’s Edition release and will come guaranteed with a slipcover in its first three months of release.

• The newly commissioned artwork you see pictured comes to us from artist Joel Robinson. This art will be front-facing and the reverse side of the wrap will feature the original theatrical artwork.

• New extras are in progress and will be announced on a later date (Aug timing, and also depending on current events). We can confirm today that we are doing a new 4K scan of the film! As for any much-inquired-about additional footage (in addition to what's be presented on prior releases), we are looking into it as best we can. We welcome any leads you may have alongside our efforts.

Pre-order now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/event-horizon-collector-s-ed… , the first 500 orders will include an exclusive limited-edition 18” x 24” rolled poster of the exclusive new illustration.

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD/photos/a.130215417115478/1873472979456371/?type=3&theater

[​IMG]

fceurich39, Katatonia, Natas and 3 others like this.
  15. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I wonder how long until they ship the film with the corrected disc already replaced. (from places like Amazon, BB, etc...) I'm sure if you buy from Shout direct, they may ship the replacement along with the old version at this point.

16. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Even though they're describing the Event Horizon release as definitive, and it appears they have located some additional footage, I'm not holding my breath that they can or will reassemble a complete director's cut.

I seem to recall there being a geometry discrepancy between the DVD and the previous Blu-Ray (with the Blu-Ray looking like it may have been stretched, horizontally, to some extent), so hopefully this new 4K Master will resolve that issue.

17. zbinks

[​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFact...mMJ9c5gpWYn5ayDheo4b6YpzH81wU2EEpkQ&__tn__=-R

Katatonia and russweiss like this.
  18. Nailwraps

19. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I didn't get from the post they had located any new footage. They mention people are asking about 'additional footage' and 'in addition to what's been presented on previous releases'. From this I demise they have nothing new, they were putting the feelers out for God sake! If they have not come up trumps by now the chances of any new footage are very slim. If we are all really lucky they might find a vhs quality work print but I think that's it.

What this will end up being is a 4K scan all the old features and a few new interviews.

20. zbinks

Yeah, I think I misread "in addition to what's be presented on prior releases" as "in addition to what will be presented on our release".