Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

2. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Also arriving on December 17th:

Murders in the Rue Morgue (1932)

To the Devil...a Daughter (1976)

[​IMG][​IMG]

dave13 likes this.
  3. Nailwraps

4. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

5. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

baggio and satans-sadists like this.
  6. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Murders in the Rue Morgue gets a stand alone edition? That's interesting. It's such a sort film. What kind of extras can justify it? Or do they just feel it's a strong enough title to stand on its own?

7. Nailwraps

Extras for The Devil Rides Out:

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=25707

"NEW 2K RESTORATION FROM THE 20TH CENTURY FOX INTERPOSITIVE ((also included is the StudioCanal restored master)
    • NEW Audio Commentary with author/film historian Steve Haberman, filmmaker/film historian Constantine Nasr and author/screenwriter Richard Christian Matheson
    • NEW Satanic Shocks – author/film historian Kim Newman discusses THE DEVIL RIDES OUT
    • NEW Folk Horror Goes Haywire – author/film historian Jonathan Rigby discusses THE DEVIL RIDES OUT
    • Audio Commentary with actors Christopher Lee and Sarah Lawson
    • Black Magic: The Making of THE DEVIL RIDES OUT
    • Dennis Wheatley at Hammer
    • World of Hammer episode – HAMMER
    • Theatrical Trailers
    • Still Gallery
    • English subtitles for the main feature"

Also, for DVD buyers, Shout! will also release Chuck Berry: Hail! Hail! Rock 'N' Roll on DVD next year:

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07WTZQHQP/

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    Erick H. and chancetx like this.
  8. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

This is the same question I'm wondering about. Does this mean a legit special edition with some great Bela-related extras? Or just another irritating attempt to gouge us with a higher price point (instead of including this in another Universal Horror Collection)?

9. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

THE BLOB COLLECTOR’ EDITION Blu-ray
    Bonus Features

• NEW audio commentary with director Chuck Russell, special effects artist Tony Gardner and cinematographer Mark Irwin, moderated by filmmaker Joe Lynch
    • NEW audio commentary with actress Shawnee Smith
    • NEW It Fell From the Sky! – an interview with director Chuck Russell
    • NEW We Have Work to Do – an interview with actor Jeffrey DeMunn
    • NEW Minding the Dinner – an interview with actress Candy Clark
    • NEW They Call Me Mellow Purple – an interview with actor Donovan Leitch Jr.
    • NEW Try to Scream! – an interview with actor Bill Moseley
    • NEW Shot Him! – an interview with cinematographer Mark Irwin
    • NEW The Incredible Melting Man – an interview with special effects artist Tony Gardner
    • NEW Monster Math – an interview with special effects supervisor Christopher Gilman
    • NEW Haddonfield to Arborville – an interview with production designer Craig Stearns
    • NEW The Secret of the Ooze – an interview with mechanical designer Mark Setrakian
    • NEW I Want that Organism Alive! – an interview with Blob mechanic Peter Abrahamson
    • NEW Gardner’s Grue Crew – behind-the-scenes footage of Tony Gardner and his team
    • Audio Commentary with director Chuck Russell, moderated by film producer Ryan Turek
    • Theatrical Trailers
    • TV Spot
    • Still Gallery
    http://whysoblu.com/blob-collectors-edition-arrives-scream-factory-october-29th/

Myron Breck, Colin, chancetx and 3 others like this.
  10. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

11. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

chancetx, fceurich39 and Katatonia like this.
  12. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Heads up that Bullmoose has the pre-order on sale for just $13.97 right now. They also have some cheap prices on Universal Horror Collection 3, Silver Bullet, To the Devil a Daughter, Dr Jekyll & Sister Hyde

zbinks, chancetx and X-human like this.
  13. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Not too impressed with the prices on the other Shout titles. But the Synapse pre-orders are pretty good including Suspiria UHD and I haven't seen Synapse titles have a sale like they use to. So I'm getting those instead with Rue Morgue.

However Manster and Cellar Dweller/ Catacombs are $12.97. The Dark Half and Ghosthouse / Witchery $13.97. Their MSRP's have dropped apparently and are that way on Amazon as well... Interesting. I'm looking through Amazon's "may also like" and seeing some other Shout titles similarly dropped in price including the remastered Ninja 3. Most everything's already out of stock on Bull Moose. I wondering if these new MSRP prices are sticking and if we can expect them to get even cheaper when better discounts are applied (right now it's under 20% off these lower MSRPs). Or if it's a Shout system glitch and it'll be corrected.

14. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Extras revealed for our Rock 'N' Roll High School 40th Anniversary Edition Steelbook!

- NEW 4K Scan From The Original Camera Negative
    - NEW "Class Of '79: 40 Years Of Rock 'N' Roll High School" – Featuring Interviews With Director/Story Writer Allan Arkush, Co-Director/Story Writer Joe Dante, Actress P.J. Soles, Screenwriter Richard Whitley, Screenwriter Russ Dvonch, Cinematographer Dean Cundey, Editor Larry Bock, And More!
    - Audio Commentary With Director Allan Arkush, Producer Mike Finnell And Screenwriter Richard Whitley
    - Audio Commentary With Executive Producer Roger Corman And Actress Dey Young
    - Audio Commentary With Allan Arkush And Actors P.J. Soles And Clint Howard
    - Audio Commentary With Screenwriter Richard Whitley And Russ Dvonch
    - "Back To School: A Retrospective" With Interviews From Allan Arkush, Executive Producer Roger Corman, And More
    - "Staying After Class": AnInterview With Actors P.J. Soles, Vincent Van Patten And Dey Young
    - Interview With Roger Corman Conducted By Leonard Maltin
    - Interview With Allan Arkush Including A Look At Rare, Behind-The-Scenes Stills
    - Audio Outtakes From The Roxy
    - Original Radio Ads And TV Spots
    - Theatrical Trailer

It's out 11/19, pre-order here: https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/rock-n-roll-high-school-40th…

[​IMG]

15. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I just don't see anything that justifies an upgrade from the existing Rock N Roll High School Blu, and I'm a lifelong Ramones fan.

16. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I've noticed similar price drops on Scream titles from Amazon.ca. They don't seem to last very long, but Ninja III is one, as well as the Darkman sequels, The Spell, Dead of Winter, Windows, Manster, Man From Planet X, The Bat People, and a few others. Lust for a Vampire was inexplicably low at around $14 CAD for a few weeks, but now its back up again.

X-human likes this.
  17. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I bought my copy of Lust For a Vampire from Canada because the price was so low in comparison. Unfortunately the shipping just about made up the price difference so there wasn't much savings in the end. When I purchase from Amazon out of country I try to order at least two titles so the shipping seems more justified.

18. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

"The most shocking scenes this side of hell"????

Boy, they really hyped up To The Devil A Daughter, huh? I guess they couldn't just say "Nastassja goes full frontal near the finale".

KGBRadioMoskow and hots4 like this.
  19. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

"One of the most anti-climactic endings to a horror movie ever made" probably wouldn't sell many discs, either.

But at least it didn't have the most literal "deus ex machina" ending I have ever seen that Scars of Dracula has. I've been a lifelong fan of Hammer films, but a lot of these Scream Factory releases are simply not worth the upgrade from the old Anchor Bay DVDs.

20. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Trivia note: TO THE DEVIL,A DAUGHTER was to have had the same payoff/demise for a major character as SCARS OF DRACULA but the studio decided to change it at the last minute because they felt it would be too similar. That's why you ended up with the big anticlimax.Christopher Lee HATED the end of DEVIL.