Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yeah, this has been known even before the release date. I believe I was one of the first to even compare the Blu-ray with my old VHS after someone else mentioned that the scene was different.

Technically, it's not really "censored" per se — it's just an alternate edit of the sex scene used for whatever reason. There's still plenty of nudity shown, but it's like a different take was used.

2. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Ah, sorry if this has been mentioned before, don't remember reading it.

3. Katatonia

It may not have been posted on this forum, I can't really recall. If it wasn't then it might have just been one of those times when the forum was down here and it was just kinda skipped over.

4. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Nailwraps likes this.
  5. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

6. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

7. Nailwraps

From Facebook:

"**Update on THE LEGEND OF THE 7 GOLDEN VAMPIRES Blu-ray**

Our final list of extras for our upcoming release of the the entertaining kung-fu/horror hybrid from Hammer Films are as follows:

• NEW 2K scan of the original film elements
    • NEW Audio Commentary with author/film historian Bruce G. Hallenbeck
    • NEW When Hammer Met Shaw – an interview with actor David Chiang
    • NEW Kung Fear – an interview with Hong Kong Film Expert Rick Baker
    • Alternate U.S. Theatrical version – The 7 Brothers Meet Dracula (in HD with some standard definition inserts)
    • Theatrical Trailers
    • TV Spot
    • Still Gallery"

8. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

List of extras for THE MANITOU & SUPERSTITION:

A must-have for collectors, THE MANITOU Blu-ray boasts new 4K scan from the original film elements and SUPERSTITION Blu-ray features new 2K scan. These two definitive Blu-ray releases from SCREAM FACTORY contain special bonus content. Pre-order is available now at ShoutFactory.com.

THE MANITOU
    What surgeons thought to be a tumor growing on the neck of patient Karen Tandy (Susan Strasberg) is actually a fetus growing at an abnormally accelerated rate. But when Karen reaches out to former lover and phony psychic Harry Erskine (Tony Curtis), she discovers that she is possessed by the reincarnation of a 400-year-old Native American demon. Now with the help of a modern-day medicine man (Michael Ansara), Erskine must survive this ancient evil’s rampage of shocking violence and forever destroy the enraged beast known as The Manitou.

THE MANITOU Blu-ray special features
    • NEW 4K scan of the original film elements
    • NEW Restored Stereo Soundtrack
    • NEW interview with author Graham Masterson
    • NEW Producing Girdler – an interview with executive producer David Sheldon
    • NEW Audio Commentary with film historian Troy Howarth
    • Theatrical Trailer
    • TV Spots
    • Still Gallery

1080p High-Definition Widescreen (2.35:1)/DTS-HD Master Audio Mono/English Subtitles/1978/Approximate Feature Running Time: +/- 85 Minutes

SUPERSTITION
    Something horrible is happening at the old house on Mill Road. A series of ghastly accidents has occurred near the site where a witch drowned centuries earlier. But when an alcoholic minister and his family move into the cursed residence, an idealistic young priest (James Houghton) and a cynical police detective (Albert Salmi) start their own investigation into the unexplained violence. Has the daughter of Satan returned for a rampage of vengeance? Will the laws of the Church be strong enough to cast out this demon? And if evil has truly found a new home, is the entire neighborhood headed straight to hell?

SUPERSTITION Blu-ray special features
    • NEW 2K scan from the original film elements
    • NEW That Crazy Witchcraft -an interview with director James Roberson
    • NEW Lake of Fire – an interview with actor James Houghton
    • Theatrical Trailer
    • TV Spot

9. Nailwraps

10. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

That's interesting... I don't think Universal would think twice about these titles once licensed out. Must be something to do with the talent behind the extras...

Nailwraps likes this.
  11. Nailwraps

12. Katatonia

baggio and gobad2003 like this.
  13. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

**NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT**

It’s the year of Hammer Films for us as you can already tell and we have yet another one planned for the Summer. FRANKENSTEIN CREATED WOMAN (starring legendary star Peter Cushing) is being prepped in Collector’s Edition Blu-ray release!

Here are the early details we have at present time:

• National street date for U.S. only (Region A) is June 11th.
    • Release will come with a slipcover (guaranteed for three months after its original release date).
    • The newly-commissioned artwork pictured comes to us from Mark Maddox (Dracula: Prince of Darkness). This art will be front-facing and the reverse side of the wrap will the original theatrical poster design.
    • Extras and specs are still in progress and will be announced later in May.

Pre-orders on our site begin today. Includes the Blu-ray plus a rolled 18” x 24” poster of the new art. The poster exclusive to us and will be made at a limited-run: https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/frankenstein-created-woman-c…

[​IMG]

Erick H., buck135, baggio and 2 others like this.
  14. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

That poster is awfully tempting... But last I saw they still print out the "Collector's Edition" part which is real tacky. I'd rather have Susan Denberg get a credit if you're going to use the space and ink.

buck135 likes this.
  15. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

That cover art reminds me, I have to pick up a couple things at the grocery store.

16. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Yet another re-release in a steelbook.

***New PIRANHA (1978) Steelbook! ***

Joe Dante's killer fish favorite is now officially a “Scream Factory”-branded title as we present it in a new Blu-ray Steelbook® packaging! Swimming its way this Summer (naturally). Read on for more details:

• Official street date is June 11th for U.S. and Canada territories (Region A).

• We are preparing a new 4K scan of the film from the original negative and have recorded a brand new audio commentary with Executive Producer Roger Corman! All bonus features from the prior Blu-ray release will be ported over as well.

• Only 5,000 units of the steelbook are being produced total. When they’re gone, they’re gone!

• The artwork you see pictured on both come to us from by artist Nathanael Marsh (who also illustrated our prior Carpenter-themed steelbooks, including Halloween II & III). If you order directly from our site though, your packaging will also include an exclusive 28.5” x 16.5” rolled lithograph of the illustration. (The litho will not be available elsewhere and only 1,500 of them each are being made). The site offer with the litho can be found at https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/piranha-limited-edition-stee…

[​IMG]

17. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I mean cool I guess that it’s gettimg a fresh 4K scan from the negatives, but AGAIN why isn’t Shout dealing with their more problematic transfers (like Deadly Blessing, Cat People, Death Becomes Her, etc) and reissuing those? Fuck, Cat People is virtually unwatchable it’s one of the worst-looking blu-rays I’ve ever seen.

~Matt

18. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

In these specific cases I would think it's because it's ultimately up to Universal if they want to do new transfers of them. I think the main reason they licensed it out was to squeeze one more fistful of cash out of these transfers before they do 4k back under Universal's own banner.

Whereas Piranha is now own by Shout lock, stock and barrel. So Shout could keep running Piranha's negative through the scanner until it disintegrated if they wanted to.

19. Nailwraps

chancetx likes this.
  20. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Yeah that's true, but they were still able to do new scans of Halloween II and III and those are Universal titles.

~Matt