Underworld = Laughable

Discussion in 'General' started by x666x, Sep 9, 2003.

1. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

I literally just saw Underworld at the Toronto film fest. Unfortunately, it is not that great. It clocked in at an extremely drawn out 2 hours. The acting and the script was unintentionally comical. Considering this film had a big budget, it was the least entertaining of the 7 films I have seen at the festival so far. All of which had pocket change for a budget in comparison. Some of the audience were actually chuckling at some of the badly acted/scripted scenes. It ripped off scenes from Resident Evil and Nemesis of what I noticed. There was extremely minute gore considering the premise of the story. It makes me wonder if they were under contractual obligation to not make this film for a strictly R rated audience.

2. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

Yes theres absolutely no existing Underworld threads. Thank you for FINALLY creating one.

3. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Actually, I was wondering the same thing myself as I was creating it! But really. I know the trailer looks kick ass but that is only a minute portion of the movie.

4. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

5. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Underworld looks like every recent sci-fi film in recent release. Scenes looked ripped off from DARK CITY, MATRIX and the lesser trendy "flying-on-wires" features with overdone CGI. There's nothing about this thing that makes me want to see it. I'm getting sick of these types of films - the twelve year old in me is tired of 'em too. I can't wait for this trend of Matrix wanna-be's to die a violent death.
    Judo-chop!!!!!

6. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

Matrix was hardly original btw. I dont know why ppl think it has so many rip offs, when its a ripoff itself...

7. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I see your point. I dread what's the next Hollywood mainstream sell.

8. MapleBob

MapleBob Guest

The female star of Underworld was on the Daily Show the other day. She's pretty hot.

I'll see the movie just because of her. But probalby not 'til its out on DVD.

9. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Her name is Kate Beckinsale. :p She's undoubtedly one of my favorites, and I see everything she's in.

10. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

More info:

I have seen an advanced screening of this piece of garbage at the Toronto Film festival. Now here is what I heard. It was supposed to have 2 screenings but it only had one. This is the deal. The festival was called by the company to cancel both screenings because the test sceenings before the festival went poorly (I wonder why). The festival had already sold tickets for the first screening so they could not cancel it. The film company does not want the word to get out as to how bad this film is because they want your money. They can't have your money if you know better than to spend your hard earned cash to go see this poor effort.

As for the film itself, it is very tame. The dialogue is absolutely terrible, acting is mediocre at best and only has enough violence to fill its one minute trailor. It copies off of various other movies and did not even beat them at their own game. Trust me, even other members of the audience were laughing at the film even though the director was present. There is also a game where its characters and premise were ripped of by the makers of Underworld. Now, the makers of Underworld are currently being sued by the game makers!!!!!

Please keep in mind that any information that I have written beyond my personal impression of the film is based on info others had passed on to me. I am not out to bad mouth the film, but I feel unfairly ripped having to sit through its 2 hours.

11. MapleBob

MapleBob Guest

But it still stars Kate Beckinsale, right? :eek2: :nervous: :cry: :lol:

12. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Kate was also there at the screening. How is that for more info!

13. MapleBob

MapleBob Guest

What was she wearing?

14. Revoltor

Revoltor Guest

I dunno. I liked LXG.

15. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Nothing slick. A kinda off white sweater with some kind of pants. Here hair was a lot longer than in the movie and was kinda curly. On top of that it was brown. She looks a lot hotter in the movie but she is always fully colothed to what I recall.

16. MapleBob

MapleBob Guest

Thanks for the info. She was wearing a modest skirt when she was on the Daily Show.

There's something about modesty in a woman that turns me on.:sperm:

17. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

just poped over to bloody disgusting.com and found yet another negative review... I havnt actually seen 1 positive review for this yet. too bad, I wanted to see it:confused:

18. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Sounds nice. She is gorgeous no matter what she wears if you ask me.

Negative reviews or not, I'm seeing it, as I disagree with reviews very often.

19. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

[​IMG]

20. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever