Twilight re-releases Fright Night and Christine in 2015!!!!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Nailwraps, Jul 4, 2014.

1. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

Where do you get brightfest :confused: Every review I've seen doesn't mention this and said the picture is impeccable, but I guess there is always one critic:rolleyes:

2. Paul_s

Paul_s Member

I was looking at the comparisons on dvdbeaver earlier and the 30th does look at tad brighter. Whilst the 30th is technically superior to the earlier BR releases (inc. Sony)... just prefer the 'darker' image personally...

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/blu-ray_reviews55/fright_night_blu-ray.htm

3. burieddeep

burieddeep Dr. Obrero

All these damaged cases is a disgrace especially at $34.95.:mad:

4. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Their shipping cost isn't really cheap so you would expect better packaging then just placed in a bubble envelope?! Mine arrived fine but that really is bad customer service. For those of you who received a damaged case I do not see why they cannot provide you a new case and even insert if need be , as long as you do not want another copy of the bluray itself I do not see why this should be a big deal to them. They do need to learn to package better especially with their shipping cost which is added to the price.

Now if they admit they received damage cases that they then shipped anyways is inexcusable as well.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  5. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

The new Blu looks a little better to me. You can see a bit more grain/detail.

6. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

Received my undamaged today. Screen Archives had no choice but to send all of them out since it was Sold Out. The sad part is that they had to ship them out even the damaged ones because everyone who ordered it knew they would be receiving in within a week depending on where you are at. SA had no control over how, why, and how many were damaged. Makes you wonder if they were damaged where Twilight Time is located or damaged during the mailing process to Screen Archives. Hopefully it was only a few. I have only purchased one other Blu-Ray from them and it was the original Fright Night Blu-Ray from 3 years ago. The ones that will get screwed the most are the ones that might possibly get a damaged one that was auctioned on ebay. There were preorders for it the beginning of this month and some of the damaged ones could have gone to someone who sold a copy or copies on ebay. When the original Blu-Ray came out they ended up having a few that were cancelled at the last minute and were able to sell them. This time around there must not have been any cancelled at the last minute. I do love the clear case.

7. evildeadfan123

I know I will most likely get a lot of flack for what I said above. It's sad that they didn't have extra cases to replace the damaged ones even if not clear. They could have also maybe put a note in the ones damaged saying that "We're very sorry. A few of the cases and inserts came damaged to us from Twilight Time and due all 5,000 copies of Fright Night sold out we don't have extra clear cases nor extra inserts." Wish that they could have maybe enclosed a coupon or something to the ones that receive a damaged case and inserts.

8. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

Wish I had a damaged blu case, cause mine was shown as delivered but it's "lost" in the mail. Fuckin' USPS...

9. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Yikes. That's horrible.

10. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Wow, I feel for all you who got damaged copies. I'd post on Twilight Time's Facebook page and demand a response. They should have held a few copies back just for this reason. At the very least, printing new artwork and getting more cases should be feasible.

Mine came undamaged but I ordered a second off ebay for a friend's birthday. I hope it's not one of the damaged ones.

11. evildeadfan123

That truly sucks because you can't get a replacement. This might be the last time I order from them anyway with a few mentioning on here they received damaged cases and I pretty much anymore just preorder my movies at my local Vintage Stock store so I can pay cash for it or sell a few movies for store credit.

12. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I got a damaged copy of Body Double. The artwork had a creased spine (it's not really noticeable though) and the front cover of the booklet was crumpled. I contacted them and they basically gave me the same crap, since Body Double sold out as well. Otherwise, I've never really had an issue with SA. However, that is fucking bullshit that they're knowingly shipping out damaged copies. If mine comes damaged I'm going to absolutely lose it.

You know what? Fuck emails. You should post it on their facebook wall to publicly shame them. If you make an issue of it on social media that should most likely get you a response.

~Matt

13. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I've had that happen before, and it usually shows up a few days later. They most likely delivered it to the wrong address.

Speaking of which... they lost a package of mine about 3 months ago from Barnes & Noble. It suddenly showed up yesterday from "USPS Recovery Mail Center" or some crap, in a repacked bubble mailer. :eek2:

14. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

The USPS is so sketchy. I've had a few packages go missing from Amazon in the past year.

~Matt

15. Christine88

Christine88 Guest

All this worries me. :(

16. Dave

Dave Pimp

Wow that would piss me off. Like I said, I decided last second to get Fright Night and while it arrived perfect, this information definitely will definitely factor in whether or not I buy again in the future. There's no reason they can't hold 1% (30 copies) for all releases, at least initially, for replacements. There's especially no reason they can't replace cast and/or artwork.

Unfortunately we have little options. All their horror releases sell out so what is their incentive to change with them?

17. Christine88

Christine88 Guest

Not possible but make some dvd covers with no dvd for such reasons. ;)

18. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

The wife and I watched our copy last night. Sorry to hear some of you are having issues, but I'm very happy with the purchase and look forward to diving deep into the supplements.

As far as the movie, it had been about 8 or so years since I'd seen it. I completely forgot how powerful the dance/club scene was. Technically and visually the scene is very impressive as well as the acting between Sarandon and Bearse.

I also forgot about all the sexual discovery metaphors and homosexual subtext throughout. I really enjoyed it much more now than I remember.

19. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

Hey thanks for the assurance, but I'm very pessimistic at this point. We've had problems with the mail carrier and USPS branch before. Last year we went on vacation and I filled out a form to stop mail and pick it up after vacation. Good thing that my mother in law checked our house, cause the mail still came all week! Afterwards, I filed a complaint. Found the crumpled up form in our mailbox weeks later. We've had neighbors' mail, "lost" bills, and a couple of "lost" packages before. Calling the 1-800 number and the local branch is a joke! Looks like I'll have the packages sent to my mom's house for now on. Kinda sucks about Fright Night, especially since I missed out on it the first time haha. $34.30 out the window!

20. evildeadfan123

Where I work at we publish Daily Word and Unity Magazine and it happens to us, where mailing address is correct and sometimes the Post Office sends item(s) back to Unity at Unity Village and we have individuals call saying they haven't been receiving their DWD and/or Unity Magazine in the mail, and an address has been marked Undeliverable and the address is correct. Hearing alot lately from customers that they are receiving other people's mail or not receiving some of their mail. I have been lucky that I haven't had any "lost" packages and any more I just preorder my Blu-Rays through Vintage Stock one month before a Blu-Ray hits so I can pay cash instead of using my card and I receive it on the date it comes out.