The Hunt - Friday, March 13th

Discussion in 'General' started by CPT HOOK, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Saw this on the weekend and had a blast with it. It really surprised me as it hit the ground running till the end. I liked that no one was safe and how they used it here. Recommended.

2. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I thought those faces she pulled were hilarious in a good way. Made me like her more :D

Horrorphilly and hots4 like this.
  3. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Active Member

I noticed a couple quirky looks she gave and liked it I really enjoyed the movie.

fceurich39 and Zombie Dude like this.
  4. sinister

sinister Active Member

Thought this was trash. Reasonably well made, entertaining trash and definitely worth a watch once, but still trash. :)

Myron Breck likes this.
  5. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Picking up the bluray DVD combo pack on June 9 will be 22.96. Also out that day is we summon the darkness.

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Amazon currently has a coupon for this. $4.39 off, bringing the price down to $16.66.

Basically, they're competing with Target's B2G1 sale, only you don't have to buy 2 other movies to get the price. I actually went into a Target store to pick up this, Invisible Man, and Fantasy Island, but the only one they carried in-store was Invisible Man. And their movie department has been condensed down to a single aisle.

Anyway, $16.66 isn't too shabby for a new release blu-ray, considering it was just released last Tuesday with a $22.99 pricetag.

7. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Picked up this blu/dvd combo used pretty cheap. Had a lot of fun with it. Found it really entertaining, never dragged, really glad I added it to the collection. One of those flicks that should have some good rewatch value in the future. I just hope the Hunt doesn't get forgotten as one of those released in the infamous year that was 2020.

CPT HOOK likes this.
  8. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

This movie was actually the last time I was in a movie theater. March 13th, 2020. Crazy.

I do miss it. I have to give kudos to Focus Features though for all the free virtual screenings they've been doing. Not ready to go back to the theater yet, so getting to see their movies for free from home two days before they hit theaters has been nice. They watermark 'em, but you can't beat the price. The PVOD rental model is nice, but that $19.99 rental fee needs to come down considerably.

9. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Finally saw this, this weekend on HBOMAX.

Not what I was expecting for sure. Didn't expect all the "humor". When the film started , and the going to the "box" in field... I was like. what the hell? But, but.....Alrighty then. So much for that. LOL

The main star is one of main stars in Glow(Netflix) And yes, she makes faces in that series too. Not to mention, she has RBF. Ha. What I found interesting, is mostly the movie is "not good". but when Hilary Swank is on the screen. It was like a different movie. Someone must have told Hilary this was Oscar material. :p She put in the effort.

My gut. Remember all the "controversy" around this film when it was coming out? Yeah, all BS. They needed a hook because they had no idea how to sell this crap. Swank probably was embarrassed to be in it after the finished product. Threatened, and they tried to kill it somehow. But instead, reversed it, to make it something to see. Like Springtime for Hitler. Ha.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  10. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I saw it too. I'm going to watch it again during the October month. A lot better than I was thinking it was going to be. I have a bunch of thoughts on it but need to see it again. Not to be political even though this movie was used by Republicans / Conservatives who have no problem jumping to conclusions and lying. But both sides come off bad in this movie. However, the Conservatives seem to get the last laugh. I need to see it again though.

I had to look up that RBF term baggio used. But I mentioned that I saw the one actress before on another site. She is pretty. But I had to check an interview as I couldn't believe that she was actually like that. Good thing she isn't. She put on really good performance in The Hunt.

Also I didn't remember the trailer at all and there are tons of surprises. I didn't know the rest of the cast and one character is kind of played like the final character in Cabin in the Woods. I don't want to spoil it and I've probably put too much for now. But this is a movie to check out.

11. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

I love this movie, thought it was a blast.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  12. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Yeah. I didn't get that whole political thing. It was really weak. Both sides looked stupid to take a stance either way about the movie. The two "leads", I personally saw neither party affiliation.

You want to make a movie about Liberals hunting Conservatives? Then do it. This movie didn't have any balls.

13. ImmortalSlasher

You mean the two leads in real life and their affiliation? Or in the movie context? I thought it was clear the affiliation of the person at the end in the movie. The other I'm not too sure. I think it would have been better if
    Betty Gilpin's character was an independent. But it's possible that she really was a mistaken identity.
    I'm going to watch it again. Maybe soon. There was a slow part in the movie that I wasn't crazy about. But I think it might be worth owning.

14. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Yes. The part in your spoiler tags. The viewer is left unsure.

Not about real life affiliation. I just chalk it up to they are all Liberal.

Also. Here's another thing that didn't really work. The beginning. Ok, it was clear to the viewer that the "hunters" were superior(talking about the task of combat/hunting) as opposed to the "hunted".

Then later...(same people/same area) they are just bumbling idiots. I was shocked they could even load a firearm.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  15. ImmortalSlasher

Yeah that's another reason why I want to give it another watch as I want to see the characters on the plane again. I can't remember if it was the final character on the plane. As they didn't show her. Or I think Athena was her name. Also another spoiler.

I found the joke with the military trainer funny in that I think Betty Gilpin's character had PTSD from actually being in a war and the trainer said he was in the National Guard. And supposedly a lot of people would join the National Guard thinking that they wouldn't go to war and just get college tuition.

I did think the two characters in the store were competent. I found the poison drink joke hilarious.

baggio likes this.