The 2020 Halloween Horror Movie Calendar

Discussion in 'General' started by CPT HOOK, Aug 14, 2020.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Haven't added it yet, but Robert Zemeckis' big-screen-intended remake of Roald Dahl's The Witches will be available on HBO Max starting 10/22.

2. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Psycho will be theatrically released with the newly uncovered fully uncut print from the 60's, now available on Blu-ray/UHD, according to the trailer:

TCM Big Screen Classics Presents: Psycho - A 60th Anniversary Event
    In Theaters Sun, Oct 11, Mon, Oct 12

One of the most shocking films of all time, Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho changed the thriller genre forever. Join the Master of Suspense on a chilling journey as an unsuspecting victim (Janet Leigh) visits the Bates Motel and falls prey to one of cinema’s most notorious psychopaths - Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins). Named #1 on the AFI’s 100 Years…100 Thrills list, this notorious film has become a cultural phenomenon. Featuring one of the most iconic scenes in film history - the famous “shower scene”, Psycho is “still terrifying after all these years” (Leonard Maltin’s Classic Movie Guide).

Be prepared to see one of the scariest movies of all time at a special event that includes exclusive insights from Turner Classic Movies.

TCM Big Screen Classics Presents The Shining 40th Anniversary
    In Theaters Sat, Oct 17, Tue, Oct 20, Thu, Oct 22

Academy Award® winner Jack Nicholson and Shelley Duvall star in director Stanley Kubrick's adaptation of Stephen King's disturbing blockbuster horror novel. Writer Jack Torrance (Nicholson), a former alcoholic, accepts a job as the winter caretaker for a hotel high in the Rocky Mountains, isolating him, his wife (Duvall) and their psychic young son until spring. But when the first blizzard blocks the only road out, the hotel's stored energy from evil past deeds begin to drive Jack insane...and there may be no escape for his family in this haunting story of madness, memory and violence.

This anniversary event includes exclusive insights from Turner Classic Movies

[The Psycho trailer is pretty good. Shining... not so much.]

I'm mulling over seeing Psycho. I'm sure I'll have another chance, as I've already seen it released by TCM, but this is my FIRST chance. :D Shining I can probably skip. I think I've even seen TCM already release that. While it's a low risk I just don't want to say I got COVID going to see an over priced second run!

Colin likes this.
  3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Swung by Walmart and picked up new shudder release on dvd called Yummy also got Black Water Abyss since I just came across the first one I got for a buck really liked the first black water movie slightly more than Rogue.

4. CPT HOOK

I saw Yummy on Shudder and thought it was fun. It's certainly gory.

The new Black Water was a huge bore though.

fceurich39 likes this.
  5. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I passed on Psycho unfortunately. But the only theater near me playing it was 20 minutes away and I'm pretty busy so it just doesn't work out. Some theaters are playing it today even but they're even further way.

But even though it'll have only one Halloween short I'll be making time for this:

Will probably make it to Rifftrax: Jack-O too. That one is also a little iffy. Paying full price to see a stream I can otherwise but for the same (or less) price? Not the best deal.

And I've got to get things ready for my Halloween Movie Night next Saturday. I'm thinking of showing The Masque of Red Death but I'm having trouble pairing it with something. I was kinda thinking At Midnight I'll Possess Your Soul, maybe Herzog's Nosferatu (which is maybe a little too arty) and now I'm thinking The Brain That Wouldn't Die. Tough call this year.

6. CPT HOOK

So, Simpsons Treehouse Of Horror was supposed to air last night, but when I went to watch it on the DVR, all I got is baseball. Apparently sports ran over last night, and the annual Simpsons Halloween special (the only time I even watch The Simpsons anymore) has been delayed until November 1st... after Halloween.

[​IMG]

X-human likes this.
  7. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I think baseball actually started at 8 after football. I went to record it yesterday and yelled "what the shit!?" There's a world series game next Sunday so that's why they aren't playing it next week.

CPT HOOK likes this.