The 2020 Halloween Horror Movie Calendar

Discussion in 'General' started by CPT HOOK, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

fattyjoe37 likes this.
  2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

^ Congrats! Looks fun!

I'm on mobile right now, but will add it tomorrow when I'm on a PC.

fattyjoe37 likes this.
  3. scott71670

scott71670 Well-Known Member

Ordered on dvd.​

fattyjoe37 likes this.
  4. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

It rained for Halloween a year or so ago and not many kids came by at all. Enough to count with one hand. With a virus, going up to a stranger or even the door of a neighbor that's not your immediate family isn't the best idea. Mask or not because after that you get into the hand washing and what is happening with the candy before kids get it. I would always give out small sealed packs of candy corn. But still, not everyone is like me.

5. scott71670

This halloween we will look at our soaped windows and be glad that their hands were clean as we are giving thanks that our homes got t.p.'ed as we spend the day rolling it back up on dowels for later use.

And once again, thank you for the list! Im lost without the mondo digital upcomings!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  6. CPT HOOK

Another update, adding dates for Haunting Of Hill House follow-up The Haunting Of Bly Manor, the Friday The 13th fan film Never Hike In The Snow, and various other VOD indies.

I made it through all of the August releases except the two theatrical entries (Unhinged and The New Mutants) and HBO's Lovecraft Country, which I'm saving for October.

As for last weekend's movies:

Bill And Ted was wholesome fun, but not as good as the previous movies.

Get Duked! was also relatively fun, but needed to push the horror element further. Also, Eddie Izzard was severely underused.

Centigrade was incredibly boring and an absolute chore to get through. I wanted her to give birth and eat her baby for survival, just so that something would happen. 90 minutes of two boring and unlikable people trapped in a car.

Planning to check out Followed sometime this week. I'm also very much excited for The Owners and Charlie Kaufman's I'm Thinking Of Ending Things this weekend. September looks like it has a lot of strong titles, but they're sparse and reasonably spaced out, which should make them easy to keep up with.

7. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

[​IMG]
    Just in time for Halloween, it’s RiffTrax: Jack-O! The heartwarming tale of Mr. Jack the Pumpkin Man and his fun-filled night of campy vengeance, Jack-O is fantastic riffing fodder, and we’ve dialed the gruesomeness down to a PG-13 version - so you can bring the whole socially-distanced family. You’ll be able to see this first-ever RiffTrax experience in theaters on Wednesday, October 21st at 7:00PM local time. If attending a show in theaters right now is not in your comfort zone, don’t worry! We’ll have RiffTrax: Jack-O available on RiffTrax.com at some point in the future.

8. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I watched I'm Thinking of Ending Things last night because I saw an article that said the internet was freaking out about this new horror movie, but I didn't really see anything that would put this movie in the horror or even thriller category. Maybe I missed something.

Apparently the book is considered psychological horror, but the movie seemed like just an odd drama to me. I thought it was okay, but I didn't love it like everyone else online seems to. Though admittedly I didn't get it at all and had to read book spoilers to understand what I had watched.

I like Charlie Kaufman so I still would have watched it, but I probably wouldn't have watched it so soon if it weren't labeled as a must see horror film.

CPT HOOK likes this.
  9. CPT HOOK

^ I haven't seen it yet, but I had heard the book was horror, so I included it.

Adaptation and Eternal Sunshine didn't really click for me until the second viewing, so I was expecting that here too.

Also, the lead Jessie Buckley gave an incredible performance in my favorite movie of last year: Wild Rose. Not horror, but it's on Hulu if anyone is interested.

10. Christy

Christy Member

When did happy Halloween Scooby-Doo come out??

11. Christy

Christy Member

Looks like I better jump on shudder. I had them a year ago but they were pretty lackluster at the time.

12. jstell

jstell Active Member

It's due 10/6/2020.

CPT HOOK likes this.
  13. CPT HOOK

NetFlix unveiled their full Halloween line-up. Looks like Creeped Out and Haunted won't be back this year.

There's still a fair selection of offerings. The highlight for me is the Polish camp slasher Nobody Sleeps In The Woods Tonight. It was supposed to be released back in May, and I've been waiting for news ever since.

[​IMG]

NETFLIX.png

ImmortalSlasher and Natas like this.
  14. ImmortalSlasher

I made it 10 seconds into the trailer and stopped. I saw a sleeping bag kill and that's enough for me to put it on my list.

15. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Sold! (Copy and pasted from previous post)

Hubie Halloween
    (NetFlix) - The plot follows Hubie Dubois (Adam Sandler) who, despite his devotion to his hometown of Salem, Massachusetts (and its legendary Halloween celebration), is a figure of mockery for kids and adults alike. But this year, something really is going bump in the night, and it’s up to Hubie to save Halloween.
    From the director of Little Nicky.

baggio likes this.
  16. CPT HOOK

Stopped in the Billy Mart today to buy Fear PHarm. BrickSeek says they have 6 copies in stock, but I couldn't find them. I gave up and left empty handed. Got to the car and placed an order through Amazon for $9.96, but estimated delivery is October! Now that I'm home, I looked on Amazon again and it's no longer available to order at all! So I'm not sure what is going on with this movie.

They did have about 10 copies each of Vestron's Little Monsters and Shivers at $12.96, but I had already ordered mine for $10 from DeepDiscount with one of their coupon codes, and those are already en route.

Even though the VOD and wide retail DVD is scheduled for October 6th, it looks like WalMart has an early exclusivity on this one. I stopped in there today and they had about 50 copies of the DVD out.

So if you can't wait, there you go.

I finally got around to watching this, and I really enjoyed it quite a bit. I would agree in that I didn't entirely "get it", but I was never bored. It reminded me quite a bit of mother! in tone. Maybe not a horror film in the strictest sense, but I did find enough there to satisfy in that regard.

Also saw The Babysitter: Killer Queen, which I already shared my thoughts here on the forum.

Rent-A-Pal I thought was a pretty decent movie, fairly well done for what it is. It runs a bit too long and takes too much time to get where it's finally going, but I'd say it's worth a watch. I don't see any replay value whatsoever in it though, unlike May or Love Object. I'm sure this will wind up on Hulu in a few months, give it a free watch there.

Unfortunately, The Owners and Baba Yaga were both major bores. The Owners was especially disappointing, because it looked like it was going to be a cool little home-invasion movie, but I was bored. Baba Yaga was polished but dull, and basically a rip-off of the vastly superior The Wretched. I'd say skip both.

Haven't had a chance to get to Followed yet, but it's a cheap $3.99 rental so I definitely will. This weekend should be a good one, I'm very excited for Spiral, Ratched, and Antebellum.

Don't forget: fattyjoe37's movie The Last Laugh is now available! $4.99 VOD rental, $9.99 DVD, or $12.99 blu-ray. Check it out!

fattyjoe37 likes this.
  17. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Thanks! Blu won't be coming till November, but it's at all VOD rental/purchase places and on DVD now. Cable VOD coming on October 1st.

18. ImmortalSlasher

I'm starting to see a few stories about cancelling trick r treat for kids. Seems obvious with the virus situation.

I'm going to watch the remaining 6 episodes of Lovecraft Country during October. That's what I'm looking forward to right now. I know the Rabid remake is still on demand, so I'll finally watch that. I saw a bit a few days ago flipping channels. Next week I'll start catching up on some of those Dark Discussions podcasts and do a check to see what horror movies are on demand for free.

19. ImmortalSlasher

I changed my mind and watched that fifth episode of Lovecraft Country. The twist will make me rewatch those first five episodes again during the October month.

20. scott71670

Turnet Classic Movies just released the new Dave Skal book. I think it is called Fright Favorites and I am assuming their month of October is going to be stuffed with Halloween fare.
    For a whole other scary film experience, TCM was showing the lost documentary Titticut Follies at some point in Sep. I hope it wasnt on already, but for anyone into eerie rare films, it is essential.