Synapse Films: Titles Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'General' started by Shawn Francis, Dec 29, 2010.

1. scott71670

scott71670 Well-Known Member

Not a typical slasher at all.
    It is Heathers done by Crown International Pictures, with a Charlie Brown level lack of adult supervision. Total sun drenched darkness.

2. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Wow, so soon?! Seriously though, I like how they just put this out when it was ready to ship instead of doing the whole “pre-orders coming soon”, “pre-orders on <date>, ships <date>”, “release date delayed till <date>” series of announcements. I really don’t care for steelbooks or the premium you often pay for them, especially with Synapse, but this was one of those titles I was willing to pay up for so I ordered it right away and am really looking forward to finally having this on BD. So far I’ve done good with these, this is only the second steelbook I’ve bought from them.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  3. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I just watched the synapse trailer, got to say great print, film looks great, less slasher more a revenge movie. Trailer unfortunately does show way to much, still going to hold out for standard release or 88 Films here in the UK releases it as part of their slasher range as they have done with some of the synapse stuff previously (Popcorn for example, using same print).

4. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Massacre at Central High is one of those rare instances where I am in "take my money" mode. I've loved this movie since I was a kid. Easy pre-order for me, even at the Steelbook price.

Christy and gobad2003 like this.
  5. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Picked up Massacre. Straight from Synapse too. Would be more expensive using Diabolik.

gobad2003 and Myron Breck like this.
  6. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

I noticed that as well. Only about $1.50 cheaper, but money's money.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  7. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

With Diabolik, you forgot the shipping charge. And for me sales tax. Synapse shipping was included in the price(or free)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  8. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Today I got my Massacre at Central High Blu-rya from Synapse.

What's funny, is in the return address right under Synapse Films (before their address) Was written out .... Massacre at Central High. Post Ofiice must have been like what?:p

Katatonia and f.ramses like this.
  9. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Got mine today as well and after skimming the disc I think it really looks great, my old X-Rated Kult DVD can be retired! Since I haven't seen any reviews here are some caps:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Steel76, baggio, russweiss and 6 others like this.
  10. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Mine arrived today as well. LOL, I think CAV always puts the title on the mailing label that way. I can only imagine some titles... o_O

baggio and Zombie Dude like this.
  11. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

NEW SYNAPSE RELEASE NEWS - Josh Becker's RUNNING TIME gets the Blu-ray upgrade courtesy of Synapse (this one is a super fun "one take" indie heist flick for those of you who've never seen it - highly recommended):

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The Clock is Ticking For The Josh Becker/Bruce Campbell Real-Time Heist Thriller RUNNING TIME, Coming To Blu-ray and DVD March 16, 2021 From Synapse Films!

“Well acted, suspenseful and both realistic and romantic, its reputation is likely to increase.” - Leonard Maltin’s Movie and Video Guide

“Stylishly adroit, well-acted and certainly entertaining.” - Kevin Thomas, L.A. Times

As we all eagerly say goodbye to 2020 and hello to 2021, Synapse Films likewise turns a new page as we release our first titles in our new distribution agreement with MVD Entertainment Group, which has begun handling sales and distribution of our past and future Synapse Films catalog. We're excited to have Josh Becker’s 1997 heist film RUNNING TIME as the first new Synapse Films release through MVD, a true sleeper that has slipped under the radar for far too long. Out of print for over a decade, Running Time now comes to Blu-ray for the first time anywhere in a new director-approved Special Edition!

Bruce Campbell (The EVIL DEAD Series, TV’s Burn Notice) stars as Carl, a man who launches a full-scale heist to steal mob money from the prison that just released him. With the help of an old friend (Jeremy Roberts, The People Under the Stairs), a driver and a safe-cracker, Carl’s attempt to carry out the heist is fraught with incompetence and bad luck. As the clock ticks and the circumstances turn tragic, Carl is forced to make the most important decision of his life.

Inspired by Alfred Hitchcock’s ROPE and filmed over twenty years before Sam Mendes’ 1917, writer/director Josh Becker designed RUNNING TIME to play out using the “one continuous shot” technique with no computer-assisted trickery. Expertly photographed and edited on film to take place over 70 minutes of real-time, this gritty crime thriller was shot entirely on location in the streets of Los Angeles.

SPECIAL FEATURES:
    - All-New 2K scan and restoration of the original camera negative
    - Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing.
    - Presented for the first time on video with the original theatrical stereo mix
    - Audio commentary with writer/director Josh Becker and star Bruce Campbell
    - “Run and Gun with Bruce Campbell” – All-new interview/featurette (22 mins.)
    - Q&A footage from the Freaky Film Festival Premiere at the University of Illinois
    - Original trailer
    - Reversible cover art from artists Wes Benscoter and Gerry Kissell

BLU-RAY SPECIFICATIONS:
    VIDEO: High-Definition 1080p (1.37:1) presentation of the original full-frame theatrical aspect ratio / AVC Codec
    AUDIO: DTS-HD MA English 2.0 Original Stereo
    SUBTITLES: English for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing
    REGION: ALL
    ITEM #: SFD0194
    UPC CODE: 654930321799
    PRICE: $24.95

DVD SPECIFICATIONS:
    VIDEO: Full-frame (1.37:1) presentation of the original full-frame theatrical aspect ratio / NTSC
    AUDIO: Dolby Digital English 2.0 Stereo
    SUBTITLES: English for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing
    REGION: ALL
    ITEM # SFD0195
    UPC CODE: 654930321898
    PRICE: $19.95

RUNNING TIME will be released on March 16, 2021.

And before anybody here asks, someone in the comments on Facebook already asked about The Kindred and Synapse responded "still in production".

Katatonia, russweiss and fattyjoe37 like this.
  12. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I've been wanting to see Running Time for a long time now but never got around to it so it'll be great to see this for the first time in HD. In an age where 4k scans are the norm I just want to point out Running Time was shot on 16mm so a 2k scan will be sufficient.

I'd forgotten Synapse announce they were switching to MVD (like a year ago?) so that may partially explain the recently meager plate but considering LSCL and M@CH were released this year, among the plethora of Impulse releases, this has been a relatively full year for them. Hopefully with the change over to MVD Tombs of the Blind Dead will be coming soon. I may start to forgive them for the Lemora fiasco once that comes out. I'll be first in line for that steelbook. :cool: And again for the UHD. :oops:

13. Katatonia

14. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Today I got a shipping confirmation for Massacre at Central High.

Err. I have the Blu already. .....Since Nov. 2020 :confused:

Katatonia and Zombie Dude like this.
  15. Katatonia

LOL, yeah I got an email "shipment" confirmation today too. I've had the Blu-ray since November.

I got a similar email last week for an order from somewhere that was placed about 5 years ago!

baggio likes this.
  16. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Oh really? Ok, I feel better now.

The first thing I did was check my Paypal account. And saw no charge.(only the first charge back in 2020) My first thought was , did they make another order again or did someone try to steal my info.

Katatonia likes this.
  17. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

f.ramses and russweiss like this.
  18. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Where did you see that it was shipping now? (Says coming soon on the page) Might be willing to pay a little more for that one by ordering from them but only if it's actually shipping, definitely not pre-ordering it for $25.

19. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I just see, "Add to Cart." But it's in the hands of a few over on Blu-ray.com who ordered direct from the website. One even posted disc specs.

I wonder if they'll have alternate art on the other side for the more, ah hem, traditional artwork.

f.ramses likes this.
  20. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Cool, thanks; just wanted to make sure because of the "Coming Soon" on the picture but I just ordered a copy.
    Shipping was free, but then buying from there cost about $9 or $10 more than I usually pay for these releases. lol