Pieces R2 dvd

Discussion in 'General' started by x666x, Jun 2, 2004.

1. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Ok. Now I just received a copy of the #ed dvd from Germany. At around 30 minutes (chapter 6) there is major digital picture break up. There are some light scratches on the disc but doesn't look major. The break up happens in the same area of the disc every time, but not in the exact location (the scene of the women dancing in the studio). When I reach this point of the dvd, I cannot even advance or skip to the next chapter. I would appreciate any suggestions. Damn, I was so stoked to watch this edition of the film.

Luckily, I also got the Night of the Intruder digipack from Dragon in the same shipment, so that should hold me over. But still, damn!

2. Regurgitate

Regurgitate New Member

This is directed by Juan Piquer Simón who also did "The Pod People"... Pod people was on MST3K.. So was Pieces any better? Is "Trumpy" in it? I'd buy it on the spot if he was.

3. stone88

stone88 Guest

I just received the r2 german Pieces dvd a few days ago and had no problems with it. Sounds like the disc itself is defective or the scratches are a little deeper than they look.

4. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Actually, I am looking for answers as to if anyone elso is having a problem with this disc, or could it be the scratches.

I just need to know if anyone could tell me as to whether they own the disc and experience the same such problems. Or based on my explanation, can give me a blind suggestion beased on general technical (or just personal)experiences with certain other dvds, please.

I honestly haven't seen the Pod People yet, however, I find Pieces to be fun. Don't get me wrong, it is actually a terrible film. However, has numerous redeeming moments as far as blood/violence is concerned. Sadly, the screenwriting is also terrible and apparently is a shared responsibility with none other than Aristide Massacessi (aka Joe D'Amato). Perhaps I can do a review of the film based on my vhs dub circa 1989-ish.

5. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Thanks!

6. stone88

stone88 Guest

Sorry about the disc, sounds like you were as excited as I was to find the OOP widescreen version. Keep checking ebay on a daily basis and sooner or later one will show up.

7. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

I have no problems with mine that I can recall, either.

--This is directed by Juan Piquer Simón who also did "The Pod People"... Pod people was on MST3K.. So was Pieces any better?--

I don't know Pod People, but Pieces is something to have a good laugh at - incompetent in every regard, it's a classic.

8. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Yeah. I love it for more than just nostalgic reasons. It does have some good violence. Back to Ebay I go. Thanks for everyone's input. If only Grindhouse were to finally put it out. I satiated my Canibal Holocaust craving with the PAL ultrabit and am beyond happy with the result. I really don't want to go the Diamond route to aquire Pieces. In that case, I am better off sticking with my VHS dub that also has Hide And Go Shriek on the same time. Good times. Good times.

9. gloomy grrl

gloomy grrl Guest

Not a Trumpy to be seen... Pod People was very entertaining, I had no idea it was the same director!

10. Stige

Stige Active Member

hey there. Had problems with pieces myself , and it didn't play on anyone elses dvd players either. Pioneerand panasonioc players seem to have the least problems with this disc. I was told it was one of those problem discs that had trouble with most people.

11. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Thanks, Stige. Yeah, I ended up getting a replacement and it too is having problems. There is the odd, extremely light scratch on it. But, it is way too coincidental that both of my copies could not play back in my JVC 6002.