Perfect Creature

Discussion in 'General' started by Agent Z, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

From IMDB: Set during the 1960s in an alternate New Zealand known as Nuovo Zelandia, PERFECT CREATURE imagines a world where vampires and humans peacefully co-exist, with the bloodsuckers the next step in human evolution. This delicate balance looks to be destroyed when an influenza epidemic begins to sweep the human population and one vampire turns to preying on humans. The church sends out Silus (Scott) to catch the renegade vampire, Edgar. Silus joins forces with a human police captain (Burrows), and discovers that Edgar harbors dark secrets.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0403407/

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=2382

http://www.perfect-creature.com/ (still under construction)

[​IMG]

2. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

The only reason I checked this out was because of recommendations on here. Interesting take on vampires, although I think the film tried to be a few too many things, and The Matrix influence made this feel dated. Performances were fun with some scenery chewing.

Nice "period piece," and I would watch again.

3. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

I have this lined up for viewing this week. I'm kinda curious about watching it, seems to get good reviews everywhere.

4. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

I thought it was okay, but not much more. Felt like a poor man's version of Underworld though. Yes, I do like Underworld, say what you will!!!

It's worth a watch, although I regret paying nearly $30 for an import a couple years ago after a couple of people told me how good it was :(

5. MadmanMarz

MadmanMarz Member

I agree with KamuiX 100%..this is worth a rental and does come across as a "poor man's" Underworld. Worth a rental or a watch on cable a best.

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Another DVD I had bought at the time, yet never got around to watching. Finally checked it out. It wasn't bad, definitely an Underworld rip-off. I don't really care about the Underworld movies, I find them dull and convoluted, so Perfect Creature was more enjoyable and easier for me to follow. It was still pretty unremarkable, way more interested in creating an elaborate off-screen backstory than actually focusing on the plot in present time. Probably not something I'd revisit, although considering it took me over 13 years sitting on the DVD shelf to actually watch it, that isn't much of a surprise to me.