Mausoleum

Discussion in 'General' started by legz, May 4, 2005.

1. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Ah! I see - it's not some late 60's flick repackaged then. Thanks for the info.

2. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

I do remember Mausoleum, but can't remember the demon tits in this film. Maybe I fell asleep from boredom, but I'll take a chance and buy this when it hits store shelves. Thanks for the explanation of Blood Song. I've never heard of it before, but if it's a slasher, I'm sure I'll enjoy it, even if it is crap:lol:

3. Sam

Sam Member

Awesome news. Finally can retire the VHS. I've never seen the other movie, BLOOD SONG, so that will be a nice added bonus.

4. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

I hate to dash some of your excitement but Masoleum was absolutely terrible. Years back in college, I watched it with some friends and none of us were impressed. This was during the same year we also rented Snuff and it too was terrible. If you have all the money and time in the world, these kind of films may still be worth it to you. But, in reality, it is just an excuse to add to your collection. Not worth it.

5. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

That's what makes it so absolutely AWESOME! :D

6. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

Actually BLOOD SONG is already out on a 4 pack called BLOOD BATH 2 4PACK, it came out with JACK THE RIPPER GOES WEST, THE BRIDE and LEGACY OF SATAN.

7. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I watched the Vinegar Syndrome blu-ray today. The last time I saw the film was in 1986 so it was almost like seeing it for the first time. This is pure 80's sleaze and cheese. Not the most convincing monster but perhaps that is part of the charm. Some classic dialog. "What's for dinner? Poached salmon and me." Also, "Mother, father, sucker got away." VS did a great job with the transfer. The disc is a little light on extras but still well worth picking up. There is a stills gallery but it only featured the German poster, program, and lobby set. Here is a Pakistani poster for the film which also promotes The Howling. Both feature bladder effects so I guess that is the tie-in.

Mausoleum Pakistan.JPG

ImmortalSlasher and Zombie Dude like this.
  8. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Is it also promoting The Howling or is it just one of those confused posters that throws in some stuff from unrelated films? :p

9. russweiss

I've seen several posters from Pakistan that have images from other movies. Here are two posters for The Beyond. The first one has images from Star Slammer and second one says Hell Raiser on it. The New York Ripper poster has Morgan Fairchild from the Seduction. Maniac Mansion features one of the blind dead. Island of Terror uses the image from Mansion of the Doomed. There are many more examples of this but off the top of my head I can't think of them.

Beyond  Pakistan A.JPG Beyond  Pakistan B.JPG New York Ripper Pakistan.JPG Maniac Mansion Pakistan A.JPG Island of Terror Pakistan.JPG

Zombie Dude likes this.
  10. Zombie Dude

So, yes they are just confused poster's lol. Reminds me of some of those Asian bootlegs that do the same.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

russweiss likes this.
  11. russweiss

Absolutely love that Predator pose on the Star Wars disc. Here are a few more Pakistani examples. Bloody New Year has the Breeders picture, Devil's Nightmare has artwork from Aenigma, Savage Weekend, and Star Slammer, and Terror of Mechagodzilla appears to be using Boris Vallejo artwork.

Bloody New Year Pakistan.JPG Devil's Nightmare Pakistan.JPG Terror of Mechagodzilla Pakistan.JPG

Zombie Dude likes this.
  12. Zombie Dude

I love that the art is at least still good with all these posters you've posted.

russweiss likes this.