Experience with Amazon UK?

Discussion in 'General' started by The Joker, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

This is probably more appropriate for the Ebay sucks thread but since we're talking about shipping. Just over a month ago I sold my Tales From the Hood blu with slipcover to someone in Canada for a good price. They opened up a dispute case about a week ago because it hadn't arrived. It was sent with my return address and I kept my receipt. Told them it should still arrive and not to worry. Well, they ended up escelating it and fucking Ebay sided with them. I told them things have been extra slow with Covid and that I had a receipt anyway. Then they tell me I need tracking! I told them that's bullshit as the buyer doesn't need any proof to get all their money back and probably my item while I have proof that sent something to Canada but I loose my sale, shipping, item and at this stage fee for the sale too. It's fucking bullshit.

Katatonia likes this.
  2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I had a weird seller experience last year on ebay...

A tracking number showed the package basically "disappeared" before it was delivered, with no further scan updates. But I didn't check or know about that. The buyer contacted me weeks later saying they never got it. I told them that I would issue them a full refund if they filed the non-delivery form (or whatever it's called) on ebay so that I would get the seller fees returned to me for the original transaction. That's also the way ebay says to go about doing a full buyer refund.

I gave them the link and instructions and everything, it doesn't take more than a few minutes to do. I even contacted them again days later asking if they had filed the form yet. But I just never heard anything at all from them ever again about it. I think they probably did receive the package, but it was the USPS who simply didn't scan the package when it was actually delivered. That has certainly happened to me many times before.

3. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

tumblr_mwymxsJnjo1ql8pauo1_400.jpg

Zombie Dude likes this.
  4. Zombie Dude

The other really annoying part is that Ebay responded that they're looking after sellers especially during this time with all the Covid stuff and that I had gone above and beyond as a seller...but still fuck you, we'll take everything away. Sellers pay all the fees and help keep that site running but they aren't protected like buyers are. It's ridiculous.

5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I typically buy my shipping through eBay, which provides tracking. First Class is discounted there, so it's cheaper than the Post Office.

I had a similar issue about a year or two ago. Seller opened a claim, tracking showed it as delayed. Since I had bought shipping from eBay, I actually escalated the claim, which resulted in eBay both refunding the seller and me being able to keep the money. Then the tracking showed the item arriving the next day. Whatever, they got a free item, but I still got paid.

Long story short: always provide tracking.

What was annoying about it is that the buyer opened the claim on the day of estimated arrival. I can't believe eBay even allows that. You'd think they'd allow for a buffer day or two.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  6. Katatonia

Yeah, I always use the ebay shipping and print out the labels. I have a calibrated postal scale, so it's easy.

Buyers can do that with normal sellers. I am a power seller on there though, so they have to wait longer to be able to file a claim or leave neutral/negative feedback. I haven't received any negative/neutral feedback in probably 15 years though, and I've been selling on ebay 20+ years now.

7. Zombie Dude

I don't even know how to use Ebay's shipping to be honest. Maybe I should start doing that.

8. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Do Australia-based sellers have access to a localized version of eBay's Global Shipping Program? Honestly, that's the only way I would even consider doing international shipping through that platform.

9. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

How about the 36 dollar postage from Amazon US to Norway ?

hots4 likes this.
  10. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Yeah you guys have it good. US Amazon is expensive shipping wise to UK always has been and CA Amazon even worse.

11. gobad2003

gobad2003 Well-Known Member

What is your Ebay seller name?? I've probably bought stuff from you before over the years :)

12. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Shipping has gotten a little out of control. I went to place an order for 8 single blu-rays and they wanted just over $48.00. I understand coronavirus is causing major postal issues but this is about five times what the price would have been back in February. Needless to say I passed.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  13. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I've been wanting something from Amazon Germany since March, and see that they are finally allowing US orders again...

...then I checked, and they want $25 shipping for a single blu-ray. It used to be $3 or $4. Crazy!

14. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I actually placed an order with Amazon Germany on the 1st. It was for 4 blu-rays and the shipping was 21.77 euros. That is much higher certainly than it used to be but since I wanted four titles I figured it was worth it. Also the order shipped on the 4th and it's supposedly due to be delivered today so the turn around it pretty fast.

15. Zombie Dude

Yeah this shipping price gouging needs to stop. Especially seeing as Amazon is run by the richest man in the world! Why do they need to rip people off on shipping?

That all being said, I can't even order anything from Amazon unless it's the AU site at the moment. So that's another frustration.

16. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

With regards to shipping to US from Europe you can blame your local postal service for this. I live in the UK and had an email from royal mail that shipping prices to the US were changing as your postal service was doubling the fees they charge. Not sure how much it went up. So it looks like if anyone is scalping you it's your own postal service.

17. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Shipping rates may have increased but the reason that the shipping prices for the US are so insane from Amazon UK and Amazon Germany is because they’re arbitrarily limiting the shipping options and only offering AmazonGlobal Priority, no more Standard.

Myron Breck likes this.
  18. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I just had my best experience yet with them. Ordered two box sets on August 5th and they showed up today (August 10th) via DHL. Used the lowest priced shipping option they had. So while we may be paying more because of the pandemic, that uptick in cost appears to correlate with faster shipping.

russweiss likes this.
  19. Katatonia

...except when DHL loses a shipment. They lost one of mine a couple months ago, and then it took well over a month to get the replacement from Amazon UK.

20. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I had a great experience with them, but of course it was pre-Covid.

Might have already posted about it (but not in this thread, I looked). I saw Anna and the Apocalypse the week before Christmas. Twas the season and all, ya know. Liked it enough, but the US release is DVD-only. So I go to AmazonUK, they've got the special edition 2-disc Blu Ray, two versions of the film, the original short, etc. Damn thing was less than $20 shipped! And get this, I order it on a Monday, it's in front of my door Saturday morning, and that's X-mas week!

So yeah, I've had good luck with them for sure.

russweiss and fattyjoe37 like this.