Crawl - Alexandre Aja

Discussion in 'General' started by CPT HOOK, May 2, 2019.

1. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I finally got around to seeing this today and really enjoyed it. Just a fun creature feature from start to finish. Nothing mind blowing but very entertaining for what it is. Much much tamer than Piranha 3-D was. I'm sure Ill grab the blu-ray when it releases. I thought the lead actress did a good job as well. I do like gator/croc movies - I loved the 80's Alligator movie and I am a fan of Rogue as well.

Natas likes this.
  2. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Finally got around to watching "Crawl" and I must say, this was one of the most frustrating and aggravating movie watches I've had in awhile. I can accept "dumb" movies (I love the Killer Crocodile 1 & 2 movies that Severin just released), but the choices that these characters made were utter ridiculous. They should have just went the Piranha 3D / DDD route and it would have been more fun. This is was the first movie that I almost shut off before I was done (and I am very lenient with movies), though I did follow it through just to get it over with. But wow, really disappointing film from Alexandre Aja. I will say that the movie gag/gore scenes were well done and made me look away on how painful they were . I also liked the dog in the movie. It was probably the only character in the movie that knew any better, LOL.

that-one-guy likes this.
  3. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I'm a little late to the party, but I watched it last night with a buddy, and I really dug it. The suspense built around the tight spaces and ever increasing number of setbacks had me reaching for a pillow more than once, and the first appearance if a gator drew a load scream from my throat. Crawl throws in some supporting characters simply as alligator food, and their scenes could perhaps have been gorier and more drawn out - this is from the director of Haute Tension, after all. But I'm not complaining. Crawl is creature horror played straight, and while I did enjoy Lake Placid and Aja's Piranha, I just don't find the satirical or comedic approach nearly as satisfying. Oh, and for the record, I also love Killer Crocodile and Killer Crocodile 2.

othervoice1, fceurich39 and Natas like this.
  4. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Love killer crocodile 2? That's a sentence I never thought I would read!!!!! :)

5. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I do - I was perfectly entertained by it. Apart from the lousy toy crocodile shot, I found it more or less on par with the first one.

6. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

No!!! The toy crocodile and dodgy toy man was the only redeemable thing in this movie.

I'm glad you get something out of it. I enjoyed the first I really did but the second is in my opinion woeful.