Come To Daddy (Elijah Wood Horror/Comedy)

Discussion in 'General' started by Colin, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Colin

Colin Well-Known Member

in select theaters, VOD, and Digital on February 7, 2020.

[​IMG]

baggio likes this.
  2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I've been looking forward to this one. Elijah Wood and Stephen McHattie? Yes please!

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Rented this over the weekend and really enjoyed it. Within the first 5 minutes, I knew exactly where the movie was going. However, that twist is revealed well before the ending, so it didn't really hinder my enjoyment. The events following said twist turn the movie into a morbid and bloody fun cat-and-mouse thriller, so I was on board for that. Good cast, gorgeous visuals, and an incredibly macabre sense-of-humor.

Good stuff. Check it out!

4. sinister

sinister Active Member

Sorry but I'm gonna be the party pooper on this one too.

Thought this started really well but then it turned in a different direction and never recovered, I guess that was around the time the "horror" elements really appeared. It changed from being something a bit different with great potential to being cliched and completely predictable. I ended up just forwarding through the 2nd half.

Maybe I'm getting too fussy with these new horror flicks... I did really like Zombieland 2, The Fanatic and Doctor Sleep though, so I guess I'm not a complete "basket case" just yet. :)

Zombie Dude likes this.
  5. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Interesting, for me I was kind of bored with the first half, but once it changed direction I had fun with it, its nothing fantastic, but it was an enjoyable watch.

6. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Caught this theatrically last night, which I ended up being the only one in the theatre, and had a blast! Canadian national treasure Stephen McHattie is just scathingly chewing his scenery for his screen time across from Elijah Wood's sad-sack Beverly Hills hipster and enjoyed how dark and unpleasant it remains throughout. Always love Michael Smiley and haven't seen him in anything in a while so that was a welcome surprise and he's definitely extra slimy here! It's definitely a smaller film - both cast, story, and location-wise - but everyone is perfectly cast and the settings fitting, including an old friend of mine from my neck of the woods who's been getting bigger and bigger roles after moving out West to pursue his acting career, so was nice to see my buddy Simon Chin as Dandy who
    meets a pretty grisly demise in a macabre fight scene against Elijah.
    Bonus points for Vinegar Syndrome's release of Star Virgin playing on the swinger's TV during the motel scene!

If you like your comedy pitch-black with a good dose of macabre, grisly thrills, then Come to Daddy is for you!