Blood Fest - August 14th

Discussion in 'General' started by CPT HOOK, Jun 27, 2018.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Now this looks super fun!

Blood Fest will be released in a one-night Fathom Event theatrical release in over 600 theaters on Tuesday, August 14th.

It will be followed by a VOD release on August 31st, then a blu-ray / DVD combo will be released on October 2nd.

[​IMG]

Natas likes this.
  2. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

looks fun, I'm in.

3. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

If I'm free I may give this a shot.

4. CPT HOOK

5. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

Put it on my watch list. The tag line sounds good.

6. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Any one here watched it yet?

I was looking forward to this but it was a major disappointment.

The idea was good, but the execution was not great vampires, Zombies, how? I presume I'm not supposed to question, just accept it, I can't, maybe if the movie as a whole had been more enjoyable, I could turn my brain of, unfortunately it was not, there were afew nice buts of gore, but on the whole it was poor. As for the horror tropes and law hhhhmmmmm. Such a shame.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  7. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I thought this was okay, but lacking something I can't put my finger on. I liked the three main characters alright - especially the girl, but I didn't really care for the main villains. The main bad dude was pretty obnoxious and I thought the look of the Arborist was pretty stupid. They do kind of explain the zombies and vampires, but I don't know what the hell was going on with the clowns, or that whole bit with the "pulsing".
    I get that it might make people insane, but why would that have made them spit black demon blood?

Also, the motive didn't really make a whole lot of sense to me.
    Kill, what, hundreds, maybe a thousand people so that people will be forced to stop making horror films?? That doesn't make any sense at all

I know I sound negative here, but I did enjoy it more than I disliked it and would say give it a look if the trailer looks entertaining to you.

Here's a weird coincidence, there's a clip from White Zombie at the beginning of Blood Fest and immediately after this I watched a really weird Penn Jillette movie called Director's Cut that plays the exact same clip from White Zombie.

8. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Thinking about it, they may have 'shown' but not explained the reason fir the zombies, for the life of my can't remember an explanation about the vampires, I may have been asleep at this point though!

9. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

The main vampire girl talks it about while the other vampires are killing the guys in the background. Something about surgically sharpened teeth and being infected with porphyria. I don't know what the hell porphyria is, so I'm not sure if that makes sense, but they at least tried to explain that one.

10. CPT HOOK

I didn't think it was bad, the problem was just that it's forgettable fluff when it had all the ingredients (and the budget) to be a really cool little genre film in the vein of Cabin In The Woods, The Final Girls, Waxwork, etc. Everything about it felt mild and safe, I rarely if ever felt like the main characters were in any danger. The movie even brings in peripheral characters a few times to kill in order to keep the leads safe longer.

I think there were supposed to be a lot of horror movies homages here, but they mostly just felt like bad rip-offs. The entire first 20 minutes is almost identical to The Final Girls. There's a scene lifted right out of the House Of Wax remake. The only set piece that felt like a genuine homage was the one to the Saw movies.

The Zachary Levi cameo was kind of funny, if pointless. If you want to see a better genre film with him in it, check out Office Uprising on Sony Crackle. I've always kind of found Levi a bit boring, but he's really great in that movie. Plus, the movie is super fun.

Blood Fest was totally in one ear and out the other. I enjoyed it, but I'm already struggling to remember most of it.

11. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Still may pick it up Tuesday at Walmart to go along with first purge,feral and death race 4 film collection.

12. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Blind bought the blu ray / dvd combo......thanks to a 10 buck gift card and 5 bucks in best buy rewards. Low expectations, hoping I enjoy it more than some of you

fceurich39 likes this.