Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Gives me the feeling it is the authoring of the movie combined with your 4k player. It is as if it needs to drop frames by playing it in a sped up mode. It is odd that the rest of your blu's play fine. Sorry I cannot give you any more specific help.

2. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

4. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Red Ass Baboon Bundle is all that’s left for Screams!

5. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I might have gotten the Forced Entry/Screams of a Winter Night combo for the deal had it been available when I checked the site, but I'm just glad I was able to order Forced Entry! Am I to assume Forced Entry isn’t nearly as popular as Screams of a Winter Night or are they just not playing games with Forced Entry?

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

This isn't confirmed, but apparently the two cuts on Forced Entry / The Last Victim run 72 and 75 minutes. The VHS was 88 minutes.

This is Dark Force, so sounds about right.

7. delicreep

delicreep Well-Known Member

Site is 'down for maintenance', which means get ready for shipping notices! I didn't order anything this time around, though.

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Here is the explanation about that:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=16184000&postcount=5314

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=16184228&postcount=5325

Oh... and from Facebook:

o_O o_O o_O

f.ramses and russweiss like this.
  9. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I was on the fence about this, but honestly, I'm not sure it's worth the drama. I appreciate Bill's efforts. I have quite a few Code Red releases, but the way the owner makes it more himself than the movies got old and tiresome a long time ago. I'm not buying a banana or a dude in an S&M costume, I'm buying a movie that I either love or hope to enjoy. It's that simple.

Zombie Dude and russweiss like this.
  10. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

That's like an entire reel of missing footage. Has anyone compared the VHS and Bluray to see what's gone? You'd think 15 minutes of missing footage would be pretty noticeable.

Katatonia likes this.
  11. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

There's some details here: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=16182681&postcount=5302

and a few more here: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=16183131&postcount=5306

Sounds like this release sucks and while it hasn't arrived yet I'm already kind of sorry I bought it.

EDIT: a few more details that make it sound even shittier: http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/...Red-DVD-Thread&p=185245&viewfull=1#post185245

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    chancetx and Katatonia like this.
  12. Katatonia

Plus, they did even announce that it would include the 88 min. PG theatrical version:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=324767661478445&id=158542421434304

[​IMG]

If it was a simple screw-up or something, okay. But when you announce it as being so and so, that's really just blatant false advertising.

I do have a good .avi rip of the VHS that is nearly 89 Minutes long. When the Blu-ray arrives...I can try to compare it. Like f.ramses said above, I kinda regret buying it now.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. This is the 2nd really botched release from them. There won't be a third time now... you literally have to wait on reviews now with Dark Force releases. There is really no other option. unless you want to get burned.

It took them almost a week to ship mine out too, so they certainly can't brag about fast shipping anymore either. o_O

chancetx and russweiss like this.
  13. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

The problem here is if he pulls the title you get another Necromancy fiasco where people are asking a hundred dollars for the blu-ray because it is no longer available. Then sometime down the line they become available again (but still at an inflated price). Of course the initial release of Screams of a Winter's Night basically had the same nonsense. Limit the amount of the title for sale and people are willing to pay double for it. I think Kim Bruun was able to sell a used copy for more than she paid for it new. (I went back to Ebay and checked and that particular used copy sold for $71.48 with shipping)

Katatonia likes this.
  14. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Lmao Bill is fucking insane. Oh we falsely advertised a blu-ray release and now people who have purchased the product are upset because the product doesn't match the description? And now you threaten to pull the entire release? These idiots brought this on themselves.

Honestly I hope Code Red declares bankruptcy or something. They suck so much as a company and they don't deserve to be in business when they treat their customers the way they do and falsely advertise their products. Go, pull the release. He's only contributing to his own company's inevitable downfall.

~Matt

Zombie Dude and Steel76 like this.
  15. Katatonia

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=343950519560159&id=158542421434304

Oh joy... as if that wasn't unexpected. :rolleyes:

Steel76 and chancetx like this.
  16. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

On a related note: Does anyone know if there's any chance the original Forced Entry on which the Tanya Roberts movies is based has a chance of seeing the light of day on Blu? I don't know if you guys remember my comment in the Vinegar Syndrome thread regarding Blue Power, but the original Forced Entry looks like it might be another of those gritty, erotic thrillers my dad and I find amusing. :p

17. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

upload_2019-3-14_19-19-22.png

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=16186634&postcount=5384

upload_2019-3-14_19-20-12.png

russweiss, f.ramses and Katatonia like this.
  18. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Thanks for those links. Those descriptions just confirm that this really isn't a title I'm interested in. I was curious since Tanya Roberts and Nancy Allen appear but I really don't like gratuitous rape scenes. Actually this edited version might be easier for me to stomach but I'll just pass since it's getting pulled anyway.

19. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

I downloaded the full uncut VHS rip from Cinemageddon.
    Rather watch something fully uncut, even if it's a VHS rip, than a butchered high def release.
    And the VHS quality makes it feel even more nasty :D

And btw, Fuck You, Bill!

20. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

amazing shenanigans

i'm not averse to buying anything from Code Red (recently bought the Cut And Run disc, since it was about 16€ shipping included and I wanted to see this since the day Anchor Bay released it) but hell will freeze over before i buy anything through the Dark Force site or in one of those packages or before checking reviews/forums