Amazon.com sucks thread

Discussion in 'General' started by rp108, Dec 23, 2005.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I guess I haven't pre-ordered from Amazon in a while, but did they stop release day delivery for Prime members? All my pre-orders are showing for the Thursday after.

2. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

The most recent pre-order I had was due out on 7/14 and Amazon shipped on 7/13 so at least in this case they weren't holding the order up. I can't recall when I received it but typically items arrive within a day or two.

3. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

They are saying they can't guarantee any longer due to delays caused by covid. Things like food and essentials get preferential treatment. But it does seem to be getting a bit better lately.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I don't even use Amazon for pre-orders anymore, unless it's a really good price or something exclusive. I've mostly just been using Bull Moose (or Target's B2G1 sales) for most things now. At least I usually receive things before the release date with BM and get points. No sales tax yet either.

With Amazon prime, it does now seem like any pre-orders don't arrive until a day or two after the release date now. With higher prices, crappy packaging, and non-release day delivery... there's not much reason to use them right now.

maybrick and SilentScreams like this.
  5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Amazon is having Prime Day or whatever.

Today and tomorrow only, if you purchase a $40 Amazon gift card and check out using coupon code: GC20PRIME
    You will receive a bonus $10 credit in your account.

baggio, chancetx and russweiss like this.