Alucarda

Discussion in 'General' started by x666x, Jan 17, 2003.

1. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Is this film any good (gory, gloomy)? Does anyone have the new DVD release of it on Ventura? Is the release itself good (uncut)?

2. Broken

Broken Guest

I just remember a tv show on fox called alucard.

3. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

there is a different release to this then the Mondo Macabro one?? or is this the same one your talking about?

4. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

thanks for the heads up

upon further inspection, i see this dvd is scheduled for release on 3/2003 :( (well according to dvdempire.com anyways)

this makes me happy, ive been wanting to see this film for quite awhile

5. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

OOPS! Your right, DefJeff. March 25th is its release date to be specific. Nonetheless, does anyone know if the film is any good. Is it gory? Large body count? Cool story? I read a couple good things about it...

6. MapleBob

MapleBob Guest

I picked this up over the weekend and have watched it twice so far. I think I'm developing an obsession towards this movie.

It really overloads your senses and gives the Italians a run for their money for making a spectacle out of a threadbare plot.

I think that is why, after the first viewing, I thought it was so-so and not as far out as the blurb on the cover led me to believe, but during the second viewing, or the second session of being assailed, I found the movie to be really, really strange with elements of story injected randomly to ratchet up the spectacle.

It should be made into an opera.

I really want to watch it again, and I feel ashamed, because I have four Netflix rentals and a half-a-dozen other movie I bought and haven't watched yet.

Oh well. Obsession is the nature of love.

I can't recommend this one enough.

7. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Yeah, I strangely liked it quite a bit too. The more I think about it, the more I really like it. Weird...:eek2: .

8. drown021

drown021 Guest

any more opinions on this movie? I've been half tempted to pick it up but it just looks so stupid.Hopefully more of you have seen it and can add your opinions,thanx.

9. A friend of mine picked this up recently at Best Buy. He still has not watched it, but I might ask to borrow it the next time that I hit his place. It sounds like it is a pretty good movie.

By the way, does anyone know if this is UNCUT or not?

10. MapleBob

MapleBob Guest

Sometimes you just have to dive head first into the fire without even thinking about.

Sometimes you will die.

Other times you will win accolades.

Its been a while since the second time I watched and I'm beginning to think this is the greatest movie ever made.

I'd like to see an cross-over with Man of La Mancha. That would be cool!:glasses:

11. Jimbo

Jimbo The Bloodstained Shadow

I love it.Pick it up and give it a spin!!

12. Wermode

Wermode Member

Alucarda: definitely Avant Garde in its style, and either you love it or you just say, "huh?"

I enjoyed Alucarda as "nunspoitation" and as "horror history." The costume design is intereresting, and the acting is inpired. May not be a bad idea to watch del Toro's interview before watching the film to place it in context. Also, Mondo Macabre may be a distributer to watch if this is any indication of their work...

13. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

Just got this for 7 bucks, used.

What do ya think? Worth it?

14. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Visually, it's a striking film. But it's one that I've never had any desire to ever watch again.

15. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

I've always enjoyed it--especially the "all hell breaks loose" ending. I think it's one of the better "nunsploitation" movies, all of which were influenced by THE DEVILS, but ALUCARDA was one of the few that seemed more of a peer than an imitator.

16. Noto

Noto Guest

Why do you always ask if it was worth spending your money after you already spent it?

What sort of response are you looking for? What if we all told you, "No, you fucking idiot. You just got hosed out of $7." Would it really make any difference?

17. Noto

Noto Guest

I would like to bring special attention to my lack of a smiley in my previous post.

18. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I've always wondered why people ask that question myself....if you've already bought it, why not just throw it in the player and decide for yourself?

19. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

He is really waiting for a response before he can do something crazy like actually play the DVD that he paid for in order to decide if it was worth the money or not. I mean come on guys, how else could he possibly know? By watching it and forming an opinion? Shit, he doesn't have time for that shit, it is far better to not watch it wait for a reply then decide to return it or not without watching it.

20. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

It's something called being able to return a DVD, if needed.