#Alive , new Korean zombie flick

Discussion in 'General' started by sinister, Sep 13, 2020.

1. sinister

sinister Active Member

Similar to the French movie "The Night Eats the World" from 2018, this is another zombie flick set in an apartment block.

A lot of the movie is just the interaction between the two main characters and so has maybe more of a romance than horror element, but I thought it worked pretty well and was something a little bit different. The trailer above focuses a lot more on the few action sequences but if you're hoping for another "Train to Busan" you'll be disappointed. This has a much smaller budget and scale and thankfully they didn't stretch it out to much over the 90 mins mark so the pace holds up well enough and there are a few very nicely handled scenes.

I probably still prefer "The Night Eats the World" but this has enough originality to be worth a watch if you like a more low key take on the zombie outbreak thing.

Steel76 likes this.
  2. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed this one.
    The leads were likable and it was suspenceful all the way through.
    One of the better zombie films in a long time.
    Koreans really knows how to make good movies in genre.

3. MaxRenn

MaxRenn Active Member

Off topic but "The Night Eats the World" is a pretty awesome zombie movie. I liked the protagonist as he was not your usual hero. And Denis Lavant has great part in it too.